MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Analog Four Cv output & 4U Serge
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Analog Four Cv output & 4U Serge
The Junglechrist
Hey there everyone ! I’m seeking for your wisdom Serge people.

I’m pulling the trigger on a Mantra by Random*Source and I was planning to mainly interface it with me Analog Four using its CV output. I have gathered information about grounding issue between Euro and 4U and was wondering if it will be the same thing with the A4 outputs.

Thanks in advance for your advices.
darcmorcel
I imagine that it'll be the same.

To my knowledge, there are two options :

1/use of a format jumbler grounded to your Mantra PSU.

2/ the A4 PSU has a 2-prongs plug so the synth is not grounded by itself (am I right ?), but it is when the audio out is plugged in a grounded mixer or audio interface.
If so, you could connect the Mantra audio out jack to one of the A4 audio ins and directly use jack to banana cable from your A4's cv outs.

Someone correct me please if I'm wrong, I also try to understand how it works as I'm about to jump into Serge Modular myself MY ASS IS BLEEDING
The Junglechrist
darcmorcel wrote:
I imagine that it'll be the same.

1/use of a format jumbler grounded to your Mantra PSU.

Well I guess that is the safest way to go even if it ias another thing to buy hahaha. Anyway I will not resist long before I want to use some Euro with the Mantra.
darcmorcel
the bad producer (who runs Loudest Warning) makes custom jumblers if that can help.
the bad producer
Thanks darcmorcel - I do indeed!

Re the Analog 4 - Serge CV levels are generally 0-5V, can you set that on the Analog 4 CV outs?
The Junglechrist
the bad producer wrote:
Thanks darcmorcel - I do indeed!

Re the Analog 4 - Serge CV levels are generally 0-5V, can you set that on the Analog 4 CV outs?

Yes you can set the minimum and maximum value as you want between -10 and +10 for each of the four CV outs so no problem with that.
The A4 is realy a exelent CV sequencer to be honest, I don't use it for this much anymore as I have plenty of sequencers in euro but I'm sure it will be a nice companion to the Serge.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1