MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Learn Live Coding : Sonic Pi ; Tidal ; Supercollider
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Learn Live Coding : Sonic Pi ; Tidal ; Supercollider
jbaptiste64
Do you think that learning Sonic Pi first then Tidal and then Supercollider is a good method?

I plan to make Rythmic Noise a la Espendor Geometrico or stuff like PanSonic / Mika Vainio

I'm starting intensive training to be software developer so I'm getting more familiar with algorithmics and code.
Thanks
maxl0rd
Sonic Pi is really easy to get started with, especially if you are already familiar with the ruby language. It’s a good choice if you are interested in coding musical structures. Its synthesis capabilities are somewhat limited.

Supercollider is a really big jump up in complexity, but obviously the synthesis possibilities are huge. Most people will probably find coding musical structure to be a challenge in Supercollider.

Sonic Pi does use supercollider under the hood for synthesis, so you can use synths that you build in sc in your Sonic Pi compositions. It’s not a well paved path though.
jbaptiste64
maxl0rd wrote:
Sonic Pi is really easy to get started with, especially if you are already familiar with the ruby language. It’s a good choice if you are interested in coding musical structures. Its synthesis capabilities are somewhat limited.

Supercollider is a really big jump up in complexity, but obviously the synthesis possibilities are huge. Most people will probably find coding musical structure to be a challenge in Supercollider.

Sonic Pi does use supercollider under the hood for synthesis, so you can use synths that you build in sc in your Sonic Pi compositions. It’s not a well paved path though.

Overtone could be a good compromise?
maxl0rd
I haven’t tried overtone yet, but if you’d rather be working in a lisp then that might be a good option.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1