MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NEON VINES - this girl is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. !!!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author NEON VINES - this girl is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. !!!!!
Rex Coil 7
Electronic musician .... singer ... songwriter ... producer ... performer.

She goes by the moniker "Neon Vines". Based out of Austin Texas.

Now hear up .... If we don't hear/see her on every highly rated music-based TV show, and hear her music all over the "radio" (so to speak) then the world is truly broken. I'm not interested (at all) in her style of music .....

....BUT I DAMNED WELL KNOW GOOD WHEN I SEE IT AND HEAR IT!!

She's probably the best "Seaboard" player I've ever heard. Her songs are laced with plenty of really great keyboard ... er ... Seaboard riffage ... she's really mastered that thing, and taken that tiger right by the tail. The Seaboard solos are really excellent.

GEAR LIST (quoted from the second video below, the information she posted):
"Neon Vine's live looping performance of her newest single, Lay Low, featuring the Akai MPC X, ROLI Seaboard Rise 49, and Seaboard Block. Also used: Akai MPD218, Akai LPD8, Izotope Vocal Synth 2, Izotope Stutter Edit, Ableton Live.... and my puppy, Max smile The bass guitar parts were looped through Ableton Live, but all other instrument sounds were looped using the MPC X."

This girl is going places.

berfmurret
Impressive talent and gearlist / ergonomic setup.. I would never listen to this music.
Rex Coil 7
berfmurret wrote:
Impressive talent and gearlist / ergonomic setup.. I would never listen to this music.
Yea, it's not my thing at all either. I certainly wouldn't spend money on music like this.

I'm just glad to see/hear talented people coming back into the pop music scene. Again, pop music, so not my thing. But it's encouraging to learn there are new bloods coming in that have the ability to do more than shake their little business on the stage and sing through their noses. I cannot tolerate listening to these singers these days that sing through their noses instead of their throats. And the whining. Ick!

Even though it's been over forty years since my first exposure to him, every time I hear Steve Walsh of the band Kansas sing my heart stops for a moment. Especially their 1970s era works. Talk about pipes!
Reese P. Dubin
regardless of the obvious talent. technique etc, i cant imagine anyone wanting to listen to this. go watch it on youtube or show someone a person using
apiece of gear really well, sure, maybe. But actually saying i wanna listen to that 'smoking dat weed' song? no
Rex Coil 7
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
regardless of the obvious talent. technique etc, i cant imagine anyone wanting to listen to this. go watch it on youtube or show someone a person using
apiece of gear really well, sure, maybe. But actually saying i wanna listen to that 'smoking dat weed' song? no
You've not heard much of what has been on pop radio over the last twenty years I take it? This type of thing sells "records" by the MILLIONS these days, and has for a very long time by now. As for the "smokin dat weed" thing ... there have been overt drug references in pop music for decades. Many states in the USA have legalized medicinal pot, and a number of them have legalized pot for recreational use. It's part of popular culture, openly so, now. Canada has legalized pot for recreational use nationwide. This is pop culture today in the western world.

Did you listen to the third video I posted? Or did you just quit after the first one? The 3rd one's groove is filthy! The song itself is engaging, the lyrics have content. This is what the mainstream wants. This is what has been missing in pop music for quite a while.

Don't think of her on stage by herself. Add the rest of the band to the vision. Take in what you're seeing and expand on it.

Can't imagine anyone wanting to listen to this? This is better than 90% of what wins Grammys these days. Read the comments. Mainstream pop music lovers are DIGGIN on what she does. She's been performing live in the U.S. for a while now.

You're gettin old, man. you kids get off my lawn

lol lol
veets
She would be great to see live. Impressive talent, etc... I wouldn't put her music on my victrola, but live? Hell, yeah!
Reese P. Dubin
haha um yeah nah
i have to disagree!
i did go back and watch the 3rd video and my opinion got even worse!

I am very aware of drug culture in modern music, and only mentioned it because it seemed like an attempt to add some misguided edge to what sounds like grocery store music to me
pelican
Decent singer, creative, and pretty, but to echo the above I’d never listen to this
dubonaire
I came across this performer. Also not my style but way more talented ad soulful in my opinion.

zedius
dubonaire wrote:
I came across this performer. Also not my style but way more talented ad soulful in my opinion.

I agree with all the sentiments in this thread. I think this sort of youtube phenomena will continue to reveal great musicians and hopefully some of them will contribute some good music as well smile

I like Elise Truow's weird weird fishes mashup, except that it's a trojan horse for the police smile:

MindMachine
She seems more like a woman than a girl.
Reese P. Dubin
2nd artist is way more interesting, but in the end this is all as engaging as cup stacking videos. its all about the gimmick
dubonaire
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
2nd artist is way more interesting, but in the end this is all as engaging as cup stacking videos. its all about the gimmick

I agree it is gimmicky, I'm also not entirely convinced they are freestyling so perfectly.
Reese P. Dubin
also unconvinced

in order to not just be a negative in this thread i would offer this video in contrast. an artist creating some honest magic, handling all the duties alone
dubonaire
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
also unconvinced

in order to not just be a negative in this thread i would offer this video in contrast. an artist creating some honest magic, handling all the duties alone

Gotta remove the ‘s’. Yeah I saw this doing the rounds, cool polyrhythms.
Rex Coil 7
I'm just easily amused. Mr. Green

(no longer monitoring this thread)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1