MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pro 2 vs Sub 37 CV sequencing like SH-101
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Pro 2 vs Sub 37 CV sequencing like SH-101
Analog Music
Pro 2 vs Sub 37 CV for sequencing a 5U 3 VCO modular with 2 VCAs and a filter .

I am stuck trying to decide between the two I'm not interested in the sounds at the moment only the sequencing , modulation , possibilities , inspiration and fun. I make melodic dub techno and other electronic dance music .

I know most people say the Pro 2 sequencer is better of the two but is it really that big of a difference and on the other hand the Sub 37 CV gives you a 2nd gate out while the P2 only has 1 .

I'm looking to sequence like the Sh-101 sequencer where I enter notes play the sequence live transpose and the sequence stops after I let go of the key unless I latch it .

What are your thoughts on these to sequencers please keep in mind the
Pro 2 has 4 CV out and 1 gate out and the Sub 37 has 4 CV out 2 gate out .
SuspiciousMind
Sorry mate, I don't know the answer, but why don't you get a sequencer after all?

Also, I had many technical problems with my s37, finally sold it..
moremagic
iirc you can use the 4 assignable cv outs on the pro 2 to output gates and triggers
Nightly Closures
Have you checked out a keystep (or two)?
GuyaGuy
The Sub37 CV section works well, the pitch sequencer is straightforward, the modulation sequencer is a bit fiddly, and assigning the CV outs is even fiddlier. Can't compare it to the Pro2 though.
sduck
Why these two devices? Neither of which is primarily a sequencer. Are these just two devices that might be available to you cheaply or something? Why not a dedicated sequencer? As has been suggested, a beatstep pro would probably be cheap also, and be much more flexible. Or there's the korg sq1.
Analog Music
sduck wrote:
Why these two devices? Neither of which is primarily a sequencer. Are these just two devices that might be available to you cheaply or something? Why not a dedicated sequencer? As has been suggested, a beatstep pro would probably be cheap also, and be much more flexible. Or there's the korg sq1.
I picked these two devices because there the only two that do a specific thing that I want unless you know others .

So here is what I want to do :
I want to be able to recorded a pattern of notes (melody) into a sequencer with it's keyboard or external controller ,
then once those notes are recorded into the sequencer I want to be able to play the sequence of notes I just recorded with the keys and have them transpose the sequence in realtime .
Then ( this is important ! ) I want that sequence to stop playing when I let go of the key and start agin when I play another key .

I know for a fact the Sub 37 sequencer can do this not 100% sure about the PRO 2 but I think so .
Do you or anybody here know any other sequencers that can do this ?
I know some sequencers can do this but the sequence keeps playing after you let go of the key ,
this is ok but I don't want that all of the time .
I really want the option to have the sequencer stop .
I guess if we where talking about an arpeggiator this would be called the hold or latch function but I'm not talking about an arp style sequence it's my own note patterns under my control being transposed and start and stop as I choose while playing the sequence .

Hope that makes sense
Analog Music
moremagic wrote:
iirc you can use the 4 assignable cv outs on the pro 2 to output gates and triggers

Didn't know that , thanks
Analog Music
Nightly Closures wrote:
Have you checked out a keystep (or two)?

No I haven't going to check it out . thanks
tony d
Analog Music wrote:

So here is what I want to do :
I want to be able to recorded a pattern of notes (melody) into a sequencer with it's keyboard or external controller ,
then once those notes are recorded into the sequencer I want to be able to play the sequence of notes I just recorded with the keys and have them transpose the sequence in realtime .
Then ( this is important ! ) I want that sequence to stop playing when I let go of the key and start agin when I play another key .

You can do this with the pro 2, you just have to specify how the sequence is triggered.One option is exactly what your looking for.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1