MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CV, ES-8, and AUM (iOS)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author CV, ES-8, and AUM (iOS)
JES
Greetings. I've got some CV going into my ES-8's input. The ES-8 seems to be working, as the input is lighting up in time with the CV's oscillations.

But I'm trying to figure out how to get AUM to convert that CV input to MIDI (or even OSC) data that I can then send to applications.

My plan is to use the iPad as multichannel granular oscillator and run it through my modular for signal processing fun.

TIA.

EDIT: I realize I might need a 3rd party app to convert CV to MIDI or OSC. That's fine, I just need it to work with AUv3 (so I can route its output to synths in AUM).
ForAiur
Have you found a solution for your problem? Having the same questions.
JES
Nope. Maybe the next version of Audulus, but as of now, nothing.
ForAiur
JES wrote:
Nope. Maybe the next version of Audulus, but as of now, nothing.

Is that a hope of yours or was it said somewhere that Audulus would get such an update maybe?
JES
I had a brief exchange with the designer who said MIDI out and AUv3 would be part of version 4, but I wouldn’t wait for it to start making music. It sounds like v4 won’t appear before late 2019 or 2020. Also, software development plans often change.
ForAiur
You mean midi in CV out? Thanks for sharing.
jorg
I've been waiting for MIDI out from Audulus for years. That would make it so incredibly awesome!
eclectics
I think CV to midi is generally handled by a module, not an app. Although the ES-8 as an interface can pass CV, the receiver would need to know how to handle it, and this seems to be pretty much desktop apps so far.

But there are apps for audio to midi conversion -- apparently Thumbjam even has this built in http://ipadloops.com/tag/audio-to-midi/ so you might just be able to send audio to the ipad and turn it into midi.
jorg
There are numerous apps that output MIDI and there's no reason Audulus can't be one of them. The vast processing options inside Audulus could easily produce a data stream ready for MIDI output. And if there's a DC-capable digitizer at the input, there you go!
ForAiur
eclectics wrote:
I think CV to midi is generally handled by a module, not an app. Although the ES-8 as an interface can pass CV, the receiver would need to know how to handle it, and this seems to be pretty much desktop apps so far.

But there are apps for audio to midi conversion -- apparently Thumbjam even has this built in http://ipadloops.com/tag/audio-to-midi/ so you might just be able to send audio to the ipad and turn it into midi.

Since I need Midi to CV it has to be handled by an app, not a device. There are 2 very complex synth apps that can do it, but no simple conversion AuV3.
AlanC
Craig_Clifford
Thought that the ES-8 acted like am audio interface for a computer. Since the output jacks are DC coupled, you could use ES SilentWay to generate CV at these DC coupled jacks. At the very least you could also send a "click" for a clock to sync a DAW with he modular. I don't think it works the other way around.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1