MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ableton - Transfering license to someone (hard?)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Ableton - Transfering license to someone (hard?)
Rex Coil 7
I just bought a license (2 days ago) from someone for Ableton Live 9 Suite and we're having a little trouble with Ableton (the company, not the software) ... they're being butts about the transfer, even though the seller is a legit registered Ableton owner, as am I.

The seller has many hundreds of eBay transactions and a 100% positive rating, so I suppose he's at least as trustworthy as anyone with the same ratings and number of transactions, y'know? Besides the transaction is covered by eBay money back guarantee. I really have no reason to distrust the seller any more than I would anyone else, y'know? He's been communicative and willing to cooperate.

So ... seriously, i just don't get it ... yea.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with an Ableton license transfer .... it's done all the time, best I can tell.

thumbs up
Rex Coil 7
It took a few email exchanges (and three days) with the folks at Ableton, but it looks like it all went well. Best I can tell I'm up and going now.

Live 9.7.7 Suite and Max For Live 7.3.4 for $200.00 bucks.

Nice. thumbs up
zeit
oh, that's sweet deal. applause
Rex Coil 7
zeit wrote:
oh, that's sweet deal. applause
Yea ... that's how I felt too. I really couldn't afford it, but it was one of those things that jumps in your face and crushes your financial self discipline.

shame! ... shame! ... shame! ... shame! ... shame! ... shame! ... shame! ...

not this shit again
vromr
Done 2 license transfers with Ableton. One immediate, seemingly automated, the other fell on a holiday so needed human intervention to resolve. What a nail-biting week that was. Humans… very frustrating
Rex Coil 7
vromr wrote:
Done 2 license transfers with Ableton. One immediate, seemingly automated, the other fell on a holiday so needed human intervention to resolve. What a nail-biting week that was.
Shees ... I bet!

vromr wrote:
Humans… very frustrating
Pretty much sums it up! ~Broken~ straight out of the womb.

cool
Chevron87
Nice deal! I have heard it takes a few days for the transfer to be made, glad it worked out.
Rex Coil 7
Chevron87 wrote:
Nice deal! I have heard it takes a few days for the transfer to be made, glad it worked out.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1