MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KORG Volca leaks already: Mini Modular and Drum
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author KORG Volca leaks already: Mini Modular and Drum
exper
https://www.matrixsynth.com/2018/12/namm-leaks-new-korg-volca-modular- volca.html?m=1

Mini Modular looks surprisingly west coast with a complex osc, function generators, a source of uncertainty (woggle) low pass gates, etc

The drum looks to have physical modeling sounds.

Crazy.
rowsbywoof
If real, that Volca Mini Modular is going to sell like crazy.
Blingley
The mini modular is adorable. love
tim gueguen
Interesting that the Mini Modular has some sort of scale function.
tim gueguen
And while we're talking Volcas I still wonder if we won't eventually see a Volca M with M1 sounds, or the Volca equivalent of the General MIDI modules like the Sound Canvas and Yamaha MU5.
CF3
Two words: Hot Cakes.

That Mini Modular will fly off shelves. Well played Korg Guinness ftw!
Gaetan
Man, that mini modular looks awesome, very refreshing. I love that it seems very west coast inspired, it looks like a sort of ghetto 0-Coast (I mean, in a good way)
jenamu6
Mmm those patch points ....why no mini jacks.
mokomo
Nice little screen on the drum.

These are both the first entries on my GAS-guilt-free 2019 budget 'TO BUY' list.
exper
jenamu6 wrote:
Mmm those patch points ....why no mini jacks.

enitely not enough space, but someone could make little adapters maybe, that fit on top of all of those headers and connect to a breakout patchpoint panel.

I kind of like it as it is. I might get one purely as a pocket modular setup, along with my PO-32, or maybe also buy a werkstatt or one of those tiny Bastl synths.
boxxgrooved
I think Korg have pretty much ripped this straight from the 0-Coast and filled in the control function that is missing on the 0-Coast. I always thought the 0-coast needed a sequencer or keyboard or some way to control it. Aside from that it is an inspired design as a complete synth voice.

I can't work out what the Space function could be on the Volca Modular? Stereo spread? Reverb? Looks great Rockin' Banana!
exper
boxxgrooved wrote:
I think Korg have pretty much ripped this straight from the 0-Coast and filled in the control function that is missing on the 0-Coast. I always thought the 0-coast needed a sequencer or keyboard or some way to control it. Aside from that it is an inspired design as a complete synth voice.

I can't work out what the Space function could be on the Volca Modular? Stereo spread? Reverb? Looks great Rockin' Banana!

My guess is reverb, maybe spring based?

Also, I was already pretty sure these were real, but I just noticed Sir Richard Devine added a comment to a post about these that said "More coming soon", followed by 3 winky faces, so my guess is that ke already has them, and that there either is another Volca to be announced, or more details about these.

But yeah. The modular one is a buy for me straight away. Simply for the "I can patch west coast chaos in the car on a road trip" factor.
milkshake
How do these sound?

The Volca series doesn't give me the fizz sound wise.

Hopefully these will be different.
Spectromat
0 coast Volca eek! count me in love
Jean Luc Cougar
These have to be photoshop fakes, right?
placidhouse
Jean Luc Cougar wrote:
These have to be photoshop fakes, right?

doesn't look it. there are some odd details (reflections, red lights coming through the case of the volca modular (similar to volca keys transparent case), texture of what looks like a paper/sticker mock faceplate on the left side of the volca drum). but yeah, who knows. regardless, they look fun. w00t
Bath House
Without tipping my hat or violating anything, I can assure you that these are real and have been for quite some time.
plogbidman
Any sound ??? eek!
radiokoala
Here is the all-seeing eye version of a leaked picture, so as to shed some light on internally normalled connections of one of the new Japanese electronic music instruments:

All powers to anyone keen on reposting the picture on other websites / forums, but please bear in mind I have spent no less than 14 minutes of my precious time with a one-pixel thick pencil in my hand to provide this stunning piece of imagery to you and for your viewing pleasure. If you're purposefully being such an ass as not to link back to this thread and post this somewhere without referencing its author (that is, me), then please bear in mind I value an hour of my time at no less than $19.86 USD, so consider supporting me financially by purchasing my latest album on radiokoala.bandcamp.com (featuring no fewer than a pair of volcas) for no less than $4.63 to help recoup production costs. smokin' As your next step, you can send me a pm saying you have done so, and I may secretly share some of my wild guesses as far as the onboard functionality of an instrument goes, very secretly, I am willing to believe notches on the cutoff graphics seem to imply the potential self-oscillation attainability as well as bxc abbrs hint at some kind of a ringmod inside, which'd be great news. To all the vca affocianados out there, you guys would be pleased to find at least one spare underneath the first lpg, with gain control, in a unity mixer (a+b/a-b) section. At this point, I've got nothing more to say, and wishing you and myself this new unit, KORG VOLCA HYPE, sometime later down the timeline in our lives.

cheers
thumbs up
CoreInside
Genius looking design, even if fake.
tenembre
Microtuning?????

Probably for selecting the modes / scales listed on the bottom.

But here's hoping for monologue style tuning per note...
tenembre
CV in but no gate in. Weird. Unless you plug it into the function generator input...

No midi in :-(. Hopefully that can be modded, like midi out on the others.
tenembre
Shit, that Volca drum will be an insta buy for me - a replacement for my long-gone ER-1. That tiny screen is banannas.

Up next, in my dreams: the Volca Zed, with Prophecy / Z1 models.
calaveras
From what I understand the source of this leak is Reddit. So take with YUUUGE grain of salt.

I went full volca a couple years ago, but ending up selling all of them. They are cute, and more robust than the little monotron synths. But ultimately I never could work any of the Volcas into my actual music. They were more screwing around on the coffee table while watching Stargate SG1 and it's various spinoffs.
IR

Actually, Korg does too for the most part (not always), but they would have to redesign the two basic cases. Also, the photos on their site are rectangular.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11