MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Controlling Disting MK4 with Rene II via Select Bus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Controlling Disting MK4 with Rene II via Select Bus
rnordac
I originally posted this question on the Disting MK4 thread in the Eurorack section but was recommended to inquire on the official ES subforum

I am trying to use Rene II to select presents on the Disting MK4 via the Select Bus - I am running firmware 4.9. I have tried by setting Disting's Recall Enable option to 1 (I tried on 0 too), and setting up Rene to lead on the select bus (setting the appropriate pad to Red in the Global Settings). I saved a few of Disting's preset slots with different algorithms and am able to manually recall them by navigating to the presets in the menu but they do not change in response to Rene's state changes, though I have manually navigated through all 64 states on Rene. I have a Tempi following too and it does change with Rene so I believe I have things set up correctly on the Rene side - any help would be appreciated!

needless to say, both modules are connected on the same power bus board
os
Could you check your disting has a jumper link on the header marked 'GT1' on the PCB?
rnordac
thank you for the reply, I checked and there is no jumper there - I could pull an unused one from Pressure Points if that's all that is missing for it to work
os
There should be a jumper over the two leftmost pins, directly above 'GT1', nearest R57.
rnordac
Thank you so much - that was it. After adding a jumper at the 2 leftmost pins of GT1, Disting now responds to Rene's state changes. This is awesome
os
w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1