MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

All-analog synth album recorded straight to tape
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author All-analog synth album recorded straight to tape
XXGABEXX
Over the past two winters I recorded an album of all-analog hardware synths and my [at the time] small Eurorack set-up in my freezing cold bedroom, with only a space heater and the synths to keep the room warm-ish. I recorded it straight to my old Yamaha 4-track that I've had since the '90s with only guitar pedals for effects. Stream away.

https://greyes.bandcamp.com/releases

Thanks!
visible cow
Really digging this. Just sent you a message via bandcamp.

What sampler are you using on 7A?
XXGABEXX
visible cow wrote:
Really digging this. Just sent you a message via bandcamp.

What sampler are you using on 7A?

Thanks so much for listening!

Ha! I knew somebody would ask about the samples eventually. I actually just dropped the audio in Garageband, chopped it up and then copied & pasted the bits that I wanted to repeat, manually placing them where I wanted them. Then I ran it through a Korg Mini Kaoss Pad and a Boss delay pedal, working the Mini-KP manually, printing it to tape. It's embarrassing in its simplicity.

I'm eyeballing the Deluge for a future sampler purchase though. It would make life so much easier. (:
powertran
I like it alot. Eno-esq in places too, nice.
johny_gtr
sounds good! nanners
Gregor Dys
wow, sweet:
Thanks for the music.

You should put it out on tape! wink
XXGABEXX
powertran wrote:
I like it alot. Eno-esq in places too, nice.

Thank you! I've no doubt I've internalized something from his entire catalog. Same with Fripp and my guitar noodling!
XXGABEXX
johny_gtr wrote:
sounds good! nanners

Thanks for giving it a 'spin.' Much appreciated!
XXGABEXX
Gregor Dys wrote:
wow, sweet:
Thanks for the music.

You should put it out on tape! wink

Absolutely! And thank you for the kind words.

Tape distribution was definitely something I'd thought about. I wouldn't know the first thing about doing so though. It was a weird struggle just to get it out and online. I'm sure Google could help me out a bit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1