MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BOCGS panels in 2019 and beyond
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author BOCGS panels in 2019 and beyond
thetaflux
Hi everyone. I'm trying to make a move into 4u serge in the near future. I want to build an instrument that will last me the rest of my life. i'm thinking approximately 8 panels mounted horizontally in a converted vintage Halliburton centurion zero elite case, a mixture of CGS, random*source, and diy panels. All of this seems to be relatively straightforward in terms of sourcing and well enough documented, but for the life of me I can't find a source for panels for the CGS BOG, SWAMP, MARSH, or any of the C0G configurations which are interesting as well. Can anyone direct me to an affordable source for these panels, or a resource on making your own?

thanks.
muncky
Have a chat with thebadproducer Guinness ftw!
rico loverde
There really isn't a source for them. Some people may have one of two here or there but theres no where to buy the Swamp, BOGS, or Marsh panel. It was a run done 5+ years ago and I seriously doubt it will happen again unless someone contacts the original designer and does their own run. Id say go Random Source, Bad Producer, or Loudest Warning.

edit: Bad Producer or Loudest Warning could prob do a custom panel with the same layout as Bogs, Marsh or Swamp
emenel
rico loverde wrote:
There really isn't a source for them. Some people may have one of two here or there but theres no where to buy the Swamp, BOGS, or Marsh panel. It was a run done 5+ years ago and I seriously doubt it will happen again unless someone contacts the original designer and does their own run. Id say go Random Source, Bad Producer, or Loudest Warning.

edit: Bad Producer or Loudest Warning could prob do a custom panel with the same layout as Bogs, Marsh or Swamp

thebadproducer is Loudest Warning and is awesome to work with
djs
I’ve made my own panel by buying an aluminum sheet from online metals, and printed the graphics on a transparent sticky label sheet. You have to drill out all the holes yourself, but it works.
julian
If people want them, I can and will make them.

I've considered this previously but just want ever sure there was demand?
Reese P. Dubin
I know someone who has the original 3 panels still with the blue sheet on them. he may be encouraged to sell them
dksynth
julian wrote:
If people want them, I can and will make them.

count me in for at least one set of three

-dk
julian
On a personal level, the one that I am most interested in is the TKS panel. That has been on my build list for some time.
julian
The hardest bit for me in any new panel run is the design. With suitable files it just becomes a production job, which I can do a lot quicker.

Are there verified design files for the desired parts availible for open use? If anyone has anything, please do let me know, as it would reduce the possible lead time significantly.

A verified drill file is the most important element, but a graphics layer would-be a bonus too!
tojpeters
Synthcube has a few of my three panel black Serge run
One of them is an updated Swamp
Made with permission
The other two are a kind of BOCGS offering with stuff I liked
thetaflux
thank you for all the tips. I'll definitely contact them when i've got my plans finalized.

I had one other semi-related question that I may as well put here instead of starting a new thread:

will loudestwarning and random source boats(and 73-75?) fit side by side in a halliburton zero case? I know that Random*Source and Loudest Warning use two slightly different and incompatible mounting configurations. would it be possible to house the two types of boats side by side in an external case like a halliburton zero elite? I'd love to not have to limit myself to one format over the other.
rompler808
Looks like Elby Designs offers Best of CGS panels:
Best of CGS - BOCGS
emenel
thetaflux wrote:

will loudestwarning and random source boats(and 73-75?) fit side by side in a halliburton zero case? I know that Random*Source and Loudest Warning use two slightly different and incompatible mounting configurations. would it be possible to house the two types of boats side by side in an external case like a halliburton zero elite? I'd love to not have to limit myself to one format over the other.

They will all be 4U high and the same width (17”). They will be different depths though, so that’s something you’ll have to think about in terms of mounting in the case.
cygmu
rompler808 wrote:
Best of CGS - BOCGS

The panels have been sold out for a while now.
JediDJ
I think you must use Photoshop or some free alternative.
And make a panel by yourself.
I assume there's pretty much nothing military grade or magical going on.
Just right spacing and proportions.

Then print it by a service that does UV printing on a metal sheet.
Then attach some plexiglass in front of it.

Done !
Gandalf
cygmu wrote:
rompler808 wrote:
Best of CGS - BOCGS

ELBY have a new run of the BoCGS panels due out in the next month
cygmu
Gandalf wrote:
cygmu wrote:
rompler808 wrote:
Best of CGS - BOCGS

ELBY have a new run of the BoCGS panels due out in the next month

That is excellent news!
c411vm
RE-ACT Online have a small handful of Best of CGS kits with the new Elby panels in their eBay store. To my eye, the most visible difference is in the BOG VCO: the new panel seems to have a second FM input, and a couple of extra outputs (sine and staircase) that aren't on the earlier version that I compared it with.
wavecircle
I've spoken to Loudest Warning about the BOCGS system and he can build them. He also can suggest a number of mods/improvements to the system. He could put Buchla 258s in for example...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1