MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Recommendation for EU powersupply (batteries?)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Recommendation for EU powersupply (batteries?)
rodrigo
So I've got a bunch of US power supplies that I was using with my CL gear over the years, but since moving to the UK, and now EU, I've only gotten one "ok" power supply that isn't too noisy with my CL stuff.

Can anyone recommend an EU power supply (wallwart), or power solution (a guitar "power brick"?) that powers a CL instrument, or perhaps a couple.

Or maybe it's time to go fully battery powered for it all?

For those of you that have gone battery powered (like a laptop power brick thing), how often do you need to charge it? How big a capacity did you buy? etc...

(I'm thinking it might be nice to make it into a CL-style wooden enclosure too)
ookrsia
rodrigo wrote:
Can anyone recommend an EU power supply (wallwart), or power solution (a guitar "power brick"?) that powers a CL instrument, or perhaps a couple.

Patch Point sells CL gear with these PSUs:

https://www.patch-point.com/power/patch-point-psu

They seem to be out-of-stock right now, but if you send them an email they often respond very quickly.
rodrigo
Oh nice!

Hmm, from the picture it looks like a switching power supply, which I've run into trouble with. But I imagine if they sell it for use with CL stuff (and if it's recommended by Tom Bug) that it's probably alright.
ClausF
Hmm, looking at the included adapter set this looks exactly as what you get from Bugbrand with one of the reds. If it is sold out in Berlin maybe Tom has one or knows at least the manufacturer...
Hainbach
The patch point supply is perfect. I tried other solutions, this one just works. One can power Coco, sidrax, plumbutter.
rodrigo
Man, he literally wrote back within minutes!

He's put a few up in the shop for me to buy.

From the webpage, it says "Selection Courtesy of Tom Bugs", so I'm guessing it's the same.

Have you had any noise issues with these @ClausF?
rodrigo
Hainbach wrote:
The patch point supply is perfect. I tried other solutions, this one just works. One can power Coco, sidrax, plumbutter.

Interesting, do you daisy-chain them using a daisy-chain cable?
Hainbach
rodrigo wrote:
Hainbach wrote:

Yes!
rodrigo
Oh man, the shipping is pretty brutal if you just order a couple of things...

I might message Tom Bug to see if it's possible to get some from him since I'd be shipping to the UK.
ClausF
I used them "only" with Bugbrand, no issues
corpusjonsey
I've been using one of THESE 12V, 9Ah ones for both a Coco and PB. So far so good!
BugBrand
We're in contact now. Yes, Darrin Patch-Point gets the same type as me - haven't got a reference to hand as I'm away. I always keep lots in stock.
I still never really got to play on any CL gear - an old assistant had some old piece that didn't work very well (from memory) but always wanted to play the more recent.
arnoux
Hainbach wrote:
rodrigo wrote:
Hainbach wrote:

Yes!

Any example/pic of this daisy-chain cable Hainback? I have a SynthVoice in Italy and probably I will get it here in Lisbon in my next trip, finally. The possibility to daisy-chain 2 instruments does depend on the mA?
mrbloor
Use regular guitar fx daisy chains, you can buy any number of configurations from 2 upwards. Depending on your power supply you can power a fair few CL instruments, I've run 2 x PB, 1 x CQ, Sid & Tet off of a 12v 3A supply. Most internet routers come with a 12v, centre positive, 1amp supply that will happily run at least 2 CL instruments.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1