MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Character of sound from Kraftwerk's Tour de France etape2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Character of sound from Kraftwerk's Tour de France etape2
rec.Koner
Could you tell me more about what they do here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJoiNOUgi4

Synth lines, i mean. My guess it's something that use many many bandpass filter swipes, but i might be wrong. Can you educate me on this? I'm sure it's more or less common, but i dont even know how you usually call it.
matthewjuran
I hear reverb and delay effects and a lowpass filter with significant resonance dialed in. The reverb does a lot for the character I’d guess and the filter cutoff seems to be being modulated by hand. I'm not very familiar with bandpass sounds but it could be that instead.
dubonaire
Try Waldorf PPG Wave plugin.
Eurtrude
rec.Koner wrote:
Could you tell me more about what they do here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJoiNOUgi4

Synth lines, i mean. My guess it's something that use many many bandpass filter swipes, but i might be wrong. Can you educate me on this? I'm sure it's more or less common, but i dont even know how you usually call it.

I've read somewhere that this sound was created with the Synclavier, so with FM synth (+ filter and or filter delay I guess).
rec.Koner
Eurtrude wrote:

I've read somewhere that this sound was created with the Synclavier, so with FM synth (+ filter and or filter delay I guess).[/quote]

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for food for thoughts!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1