MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

200e Oscillator Cv input question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 200e Oscillator Cv input question
ritchiedrums
I can't find this already discussed here.
If it is please direct me.

One of the things I love about the 208 is hearing one of the oscillators playing
notes from the 5 step sequencer along with the keyboard providing modulations. Almost any musical approach with the Easel on youTube does this.....

It looks like every 200e Oscillator only has 1 cv input.
How can this be done on a 200e?
jsheaucsb
What you would need is a voltage processor. Like the 254v or DougCL’s 254e. Both have cv 1 and 2 inputs which can be added together to 1 voltage out. Works perfectly!
ritchiedrums
hmmm..... this has to consume an entire space in my system?
ArguZ
Nope, you can do with half

https://www.modulargrid.net/u/northern-light-modular-hvc-hed

the hVC does exactly that...
it has two rows of three inputs that can be mixed together, added or subtracted from each other.

Combine that with a quantized output of an Ornaments and Crime and you get yourself a self sequencing melody machine smile
Fuzz
The Portabellabz 208 Toolbox has a CV mixer where you could add the voltage of the keyboard and the sequencer together and then put it into the single CV input of the oscillator. This option won't take up module space and the other functions of the 208 Toolbox really opens up the Easel's features.
PDT
It's probably not exactly what you are looking for as you would have to use the modulation oscillator as your "main oscillator". But if you set your modulation oscillator to "track", you can use one CV in the principal oscillator CV input and your second CV in the modulation CV input. The modulation oscillator will now follow the pitch of the principal oscillator but it can still be modulated.

Other than that some form of CV processor is needed. If you want to stick to Buchla 200e modules rather than 3rd party modules you could use the crossfade feature of the 256e.
Edit: a bit overkill for only mixing to 2 CVs, but the 210e is CV mixer.
Drillionaire
PDT wrote:

The 210e CV section lacks the resolution to do equal temperament melodies.
PDT
Drillionaire wrote:
PDT wrote:

That's right. The 210e 8 bit resolution for CV will definitely cause issues here. At the same time the 256e input crossfade will destroy the 1.2V output of the 218.

A simple unity gain mix of the voltages without altering them at all would be the perfect solution.
But personally I think it's equally annoying to have modules in the 200e system that can't make use of the preset manager as I think it's one of the most unique concepts inside the system.

Since the Music Easel seems to be already there, I guess the 208 toolbox would probably be the best way to go.
mudlogger
Drillionaire wrote:
PDT wrote:

Maybe DougCL 210 smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrswcvCBMUN/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igs hid=1lhjh7yobzq8f

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqk63CUlevF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igs hid=379dqlipztgn
deltaphoenix
What about using the Midi Bus and the CV input? Obviously, that requires using Midi but it should be a valid workaround.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1