MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fh-1 & external synths
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Fh-1 & external synths
Brgbeat
Hi, I don’t understand the fh1 why does it respond on every midi channel ?
I have a midi keyboard. minilogue, microbrute, octatrack, tr8s and recently a modular rack.
I want to sequence the eurorack and my other synths using the octatrack and also play them using the midi keyboard. I also want to send clock to everything from Ableton.
So I have configured an Iconnectivity4+ and everything is connected and responding as it should, except the fh1 responds to every midi channel
Eg I select channel 14 to play microbrute with my midi keyboard and the fh1 and microbrute both respond, change to channel 10 minilogue and fh-1 both respond.
I’ve plugged the fh1 into the front USB computer port of the iconnect. I think this is an approved connection It doesn’t show up as having anything connected but midi is being passed through.
Surely this is a very standard thing to want your modular system to work in conjunction with standalone hardware. Iconnect and octatrack being used with fh1 is a common setup
Please could someone help
Ron_H
Since the FH-1 is responding to all MIDI channels........

A suggestion is made in the manual to see this tutorial:

https://learningmodular.com/unlocking-the-expert-sleepers-fh-1-faderho st/

I believe this should likely solve your issue???
rove74
The FH-1 can be configured to respond on any channel(s) one desires via the config utility, but even easier is to simply block the channels via the iconnect’s filter feature.
Ron_H
rove74 wrote:
The FH-1 can be configured to respond on any channel(s) one desires via the config utility, but even easier is to simply block the channels via the iconnect’s filter feature.

The FH-1&2 respond to every channel by default.

iConnectivity has 2 applications that interface with the iConnectMIO hardware. Frankly Auracle don't just work and the legacy iConnect software (iConfig) while much more capable, can make things even more confusing.

If the OP just sets up his FH-1 to only just respond to the desired channel then their life will be so much easier, in the end.
rove74
Ron_H wrote:
rove74 wrote:

The FH-1&2 respond to every channel by default.

iConnectivity has 2 applications that interface with the iConnectMIO hardware. Frankly Auracle don't just work and the legacy iConnect software (iConfig) while much more capable, can make things even more confusing.

If the OP just sets up his FH-1 to only just respond to the desired channel then their life will be so much easier, in the end.

Agreed, Auracle is a joke.
However, I personally find the FH-1 online configuration tool equally difficult to navigate as the iConfig app, so pick your poison.
Also, in practice, I have found that I had to do a combination of both options (reconfig FH-1 as well as filter via iConfig), YMMV.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1