MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Speculation on new product from Elektron for 2019?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Speculation on new product from Elektron for 2019?
chrisryan15
If this sort of thread isn't allowed here, please feel free to remove this. I don't post too much but am constantly reading different threads here, so I am unclear on some of the posting rules here. seriously, i just don't get it

I've been seeing a lot of leaked images for new products supposedly being announced for winter NAMM this year(Volca Digital Drum, Volca Modular, Minilogue xd, etc). It made me think, anyone have any speculation on what Elektron might have planned? Im wondering if they will release something like an Analog Keys MKII... I've been eyeing an Analog Keys lately and am wondering if there will be an updated version soon.

I know there's the classic Overbridge situation, but I'd like to avoid talking about that.

What do people want to see?
Samaepstein
AK mkII would be amazing. So much wasted space on the original that could be full of knobs or performance pads etc. Also a bigger screen with a better angle. Lots of potential there!
PLNB
Analog Drive and Overhub MK2. applause

I’d like to see a new Analog Keys MK2 with triple sized screen, mod stick performance automation, 8 voices, and sample playback like rytm. Additional CV, Gate in/outs to match voices would be nice.
GuyaGuy
PLNB wrote:
Analog Drive and Overhub MK2. applause

I’d like to see a new Analog Keys MK2 with triple sized screen, mod stick performance automation, 8 voices, and sample playback like rytm. Additional CV, Gate in/outs to match voices would be nice.

I’d be down with that even without the samples. Of course assigning the polyphony could get tedious. Maybe they could make the UI via the big ass screeen.

Also why doesn’t Elektron align their knobs with the screen? Having to count 1-2-3 virtual knobs and then 1-2-3 physical knobs isn’t ideal. Yeah not a huge deal but if it were a website it wouldn’t win any Webbys.
chvad
If they made an AK2 I'd like to see some MIDI out on the seq and effects saved per patch. I found the sends frustrating when development fx dependent patches. more polyphony and a bigger screen like mentioned above would be cool.

My original AK in the box in minty shape is in FS/FT now! smile
chrisryan15
chvad wrote:
If they made an AK2 I'd like to see some MIDI out on the seq and effects saved per patch. I found the sends frustrating when development fx dependent patches. more polyphony and a bigger screen like mentioned above would be cool.

My original AK in the box in minty shape is in FS/FT now! smile

I've looked at your FS/FT post! Its a nice deal! I saw that you didn't want to ship it (don't blame you), but I'm located in MI. I also don't really have the funds at the moment with it being right after the holidays...

Having polyphonic sample playback would be so sick!

There is definitely room for a bigger screen, wouldn't that be nice! and it is a real shame that the analog series doesn't output have a midi out on the seq, that would add so much functionality. Guess it sort of undermines the octatrack then.

I wonder when they will come out with a new, big product (not the digitakt/digitone size). last one that wasn't just a new rendition of a previous product was the RYTM if I'm not wrong? might be some time still since the digitone is still pretty fresh
nectarios
Something overly expensive that will have mediocre build quality and will have Overbridge, but Overbridge will still not function properly by the time it comes out.

Joking aside, an effects box...or MIDI/CV/Gate sequencer would be even better!
iVardensphere
I'd like to see something a little different from them. My hope for the last few years has been to see something of a live performance mixer.

A box that can take 8-12 channels, sequence a variety of fx per channel, save scenes and have all that sort of fun. Some of it can draw on the DNA of the octatrack (crossfader scenes and such) while also going down the rabbit hole on sequencing your entire mix from various instruments.

Yes... this is my wish from Elektron. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
gentle_attack
iVardensphere wrote:
I'd like to see something a little different from them. My hope for the last few years has been to see something of a live performance mixer.

A box that can take 8-12 channels, sequence a variety of fx per channel, save scenes and have all that sort of fun. Some of it can draw on the DNA of the octatrack (crossfader scenes and such) while also going down the rabbit hole on sequencing your entire mix from various instruments.

Yes... this is my wish from Elektron. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

Thanks just sounds like an Octatrack with 8+ Ins Rockin' Banana!

You could probably get there using an Octatrack and a K-Mix. If you're bothering to post this you've probably considered a similar setup.

I agree something like you are describing would be awesome.
PLNB
But whatever comes out absolutely can’t steal feature X from Y box because Elektron. One must use our clumsy file system to manage everything separately, even though we promote buying the entire line we just MK2’d.

Where is the “hub” that ties in their battle station setups? A file manager/fx/performance controller would really help tie together these boxes.
calaveras
I think they are going to make more of these half size boxes like the Analog Heat, Digitakt, Digitone etc. I bet they sold a ton more of those than Analog Keys!

I'm also wishing they made an Analog Keys MKII with more of an orientation to being the master unit in a multiple Elektron device system.
Samples would be dope, but then it's no longer Analog Keys, it's RYTM Keys, or it's wait, no, go back. Uh I guess they'd need a new name.

Also would like to see a performance mixer. But wonder if that would end up just being a DJ mixer with MIDI? I suppose you could have beat synced filter effects or master effects like Reverb, but it would kind of need to distinguish itself in some way to justify its existence.
lisa
I foretold a sampler a year or so before the Octatrack. I didn’t foresee how complex it would be though. The Monomachine and Machinedrum are so simple to use and yet very powerful (my favourite combination).

The A4 did me in. Way too complex for me. I had it almost a year and never made anything decent with it. Dead Banana

What will Elektron do next (except for mk2s and 3s)? A pure sequencer to end them all, perhaps? The heart of a CV and MIDI setup? Perhaps with mixing and recording for a dawless experience?
PLNB
Elektron Keys, boom! I really think that file management is where Elektron struggles. So much time was spent to cram everything into their baby displays, and even the newest stuff is dated and requires too much fiddling and navigation memorization for sound, sample, and project management. If you want me to buy three of your standalone boxes, give me the glue to make those separate pieces shine better than working through them separately. I want templates for mixing everything quickly, sticky performance controls from a single box, midi that works inside/outside their garden, and file management from a single box to keep sanity when working on multiple projects. Overbridge to me was a huge gamble, and set back the ethos of the original products.
GUM
my guess is a multi-FX unit akin to the Erica Fusion Box.

as stated above a master sequencer / mixer / file manager that served as an Elektron Megazord of sorts would be appreciated - at this point they should just reconfigure overbridge to make this 'master machine' be the central hub / processor for OB so it can just be the one box utilizing the buggy software instead of several others.
synthpriest
Advanced digital drum synthesizer engines inside a new box. Digital is the new analogue. hihi
Panason
Yeah, a sample pack titled Bridge Over Troubled Waters mwahahahahahahah twisted
skunk_hour
Maybe a Machinedrum reissue? Seems like there's still quite a demand for those.
calaveras
They should do a Machinedrum/Monomachine re-issue. With both combined into one.
Add in the microtiming and probablistic sequencing. But none of the other bullshit.
UW and sampling should be standard and easy.

Would it kill them to have more t shirts?
Blingley
calaveras wrote:
Add in the microtiming and probablistic sequencing. But none of the other bullshit.

This happens and I'm actually buying an Elektron box.
SOPiiAC
They need to make a standalone sequencer that can be the heart of a large midi and modular setup. If anyone can take over that market, they can.
calaveras
Blingley wrote:
calaveras wrote:

There you have it Elektron. Two guys on the internet will buy it. Now it's up to you to make it or else Capitalism is a failure.
I dont make the rules.

No but that would rule.
mongrol
PLNB wrote:

Where is the “hub” that ties in their battle station setups? A file manager/fx/performance controller would really help tie together these boxes.

The overbridge development hell proves they are incapable of making such a thing.
ObsoleteModular
I think they’ll enter the Eurorack space with either drum voices or a sequencer
nectarios
mongrol wrote:
PLNB wrote:

The overbridge development hell proves they are incapable of making such a thing.

Well, they have MIDI I/O and analog outputs.
So any odd mixer, a couple of external FX (they do have their own, which are "ok") to have on the mixer's sends and everything is tied in together really.

People play sets like that with no problems.
LameAim
Blingley wrote:
calaveras wrote:

16 tracks of mixed engine usage in one box? I’d probably buy one even if the UW component was missing (because let’s face it - they’ll want you to buy a Digitakt for that, even though it’s not the same.)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3