MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I would appreciate some feedback on my mix :]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author I would appreciate some feedback on my mix :]
cobysharesmusic
Hello. I recently mixed this little jam down bc my friend wanted to hear what I was working on. Some feedback on the mix would be much appreciated! I'm trying to get better at mixing, and while I don't do much more than volume, panning, eq, and compression, it is still an overwhelming thing to me sometimes! Btw, I like elements of this tune, but I think the crazy transition is too long or needs to be something else.

I record multitrack straight into Reaper on a PC using a Soundcraft signature 12mtk

https://cobysharesmusic.bandcamp.com/track/12-9-18

Thanks for your feedback!
oberdada
Parts of this sounds familiar, have you tryied to rip off Zappa's G-Spot Tornado? It all sounds 8-bit to me, and that sound could be difficult to combine with a more refined and hi-fi mix, unless you save it for certain instruments.

The dialogue between the fast right channel and its slower left side response uses a bit of spatial glue to hold the two together, I'm refering to the fast panorations as they take turns. Have you tried to have them constantly hard panned?

The background sinusoidal chord pad could use some dynamic shaping, a little vibrato, timbral fluctuation, and perhaps some reverb.

Just some ideas. I find the tune interesting as such. How you decide to mix it is a matter of taste.
cobysharesmusic
Quote:
Parts of this sounds familiar, have you tryied to rip off Zappa's G-Spot Tornado?

Not on purpose, and I can't say I'm familiar with it!

Yeah sometimes I draw in some panning automation but I think it's a bit too cute.

Thanks much for the feedback, I appreciate it![/quote]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1