MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What was your favorite module of 2018?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author What was your favorite module of 2018?
diller
I hadn't seen a thread on this so I wanted to ask the community.

What was your favorite euro module released in 2018?
exper
Planar 2. So much fun to use. I had a Planar 1 for a long time, and always used it for complex modulation mixing, cv control, etc. But I sold it a long time ago in anticipation of the MK2.

Having the added recording is amazing, freeing up your hand for other knobs, allows for new create uses (cv scrubbing!)... All in all, it well worth the update. This along with my Tetrapad pair opens up a whole new way to control my system.
lisa
There are many good ones but the best must be Klavis Mixwitch. Mixer/switch/sequencer/etc in a clever, sturdy package for very little money (by Eurorack standards). w00t nanners This is fun!
brandonlogic
toss up between CS-L and Natural Gate.
mdoudoroff
I would pick XAOC Zadar as the design of the year. They took capabilities that are hard to achieve and made them ridiculously easy, then packed them into a relatively inexpensive, quad format.
motorhead412
exper wrote:
Planar 2. So much fun to use. I had a Planar 1 for a long time, and always used it for complex modulation mixing, cv control, etc. But I sold it a long time ago in anticipation of the MK2.

Having the added recording is amazing, freeing up your hand for other knobs, allows for new create uses (cv scrubbing!)... All in all, it well worth the update. This along with my Tetrapad pair opens up a whole new way to control my system.

Same. Planar 2 is simply a blast to play!
Pighood
Plaits, bitches fap fap fap...
luketeaford
Rene 2 but possibly also the Verbos Multi Delay that I didn't end up getting.
loopt
Instruo Harmonàig.
mdoudoroff
loopt wrote:
Instruo Harmonàig.

Brilliant module but 2017
forestcaver
Toss up between marbles, stages or tuesday, but I think marbles edges it...
mritenburg
Assimil8or and/or Verbos Multi-Delay Processor
loopt
mdoudoroff wrote:
loopt wrote:
Instruo Harmonàig.

Brilliant module but 2017

You are correct. I guess I shouldn't post after a few beers... oops
Still my favorite module of 2018, though. twisted
starthief
Natural Gate was from late 2017.

I'd have to say Marbles, with Stages as a close second.

For indie development (which is kind of an arbitrary division in Eurorack, but whatever), I'd say Hemisphere Suite.
hawkfuzz
Marbles
lisa
forestcaver wrote:
tuesday

2017. wink
Hovercraft
Zadar and Stages are both innovative and original--and became indispensable in my rack. Both are multipurpose multichannel modules in relatively small packages--a great trend for making powerful, but small performance cases.

Cs-L also made a major difference in my rig--a super solid interpretation of a complex oscillator with a deep timbral range.

The new Z-DSP is also worth noting--a very nice refinement of the original Z-DSP, and the new Time Domain bundle is outstanding. Still one of the best efx modules in eurorack.

Props to Noise Engineering for a small blizzard of compact modulation tools like Mimetic Digitalis.
forestcaver
lisa wrote:
forestcaver wrote:
tuesday

2017. wink

Oops :-) (Didnt realise ! Still cool though :-) )
Pighood
Tomorrow is Tuesday innit. eek!
bemerritt
Rene 2 for me.
kfraser
Zadar for me, without a doubt my favorite modulation source and I have a lot of modulation in my system. Runner up is the Verbos Multi-Delay Processor combining that with the Bark Filter has become my central hub. MI Marbles and Plaits also gets an honorable mention
wiggies
Marbles for me. It does in one package things that I used to require multiple modules to fail to achieve.
danishchairs
MI Stages. Capable, versatile, mind-expanding. Great for creating and controlling gates and waveforms, and for learning about the elements that make up waveforms/envelopes.
Futuresound
Weird, I bought almost no modules from 2018. That makes it easy for me:

Instruo tanh[3]
hinterlands303
I also realized I have nothing from 2018 in my rack although I sure bought plenty of modules! Does O_C Hemisphere count even thought it's just an alternate firmware? Regardless, Hemisphere is awesome.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5