MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New years polska
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author New years polska
egilegilegil
Here's a tune I wrote on new years eve, it's a kind of mix between abstract modular synth music and traditional Scandinavian folk music. Hope you enjoy!

For the gearheads (I am one too) this patch heavily utilizes the verbos bark filter to make the "birdie" sounds and the haible tau phaser to make the "rain" sounds. Happy new synth and polska year!

[s]http://soundcloud.com/egil-kalman/nyarspolskan[/s]
oberdada
Some of those bird chirps are quite convincing! And some of them sound more like a whale.

I recognise the triplet kind of polska, so I could make an educated guess as to what tradition you have been listening to.

The combination of the modular (which I would really not characterise as abstract) and folk music works well, although you could consider shortening the part with only modular. And I'd also suggest raising the volume of the guitar.
egilegilegil
Hey Oberda! Thanks for your kind words and your input smile. You're correct that it's not really abstract it's more naturalistic sounding maybe? Cheers!
P.O.L.
Well done, nice atmosphere you've created.
egilegilegil
Thanks P.O.L makes me happy to hear smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1