MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone using a Tech 21 RBI or Sansamp pedal w/ their Euro?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Anyone using a Tech 21 RBI or Sansamp pedal w/ their Euro?
D/A A/D
HEY GANG - NOT DEAD!

Just scored a crazy cheap Tech 21 Sansamp RBI, and back in my bass playing days it was my GO-TO preamp... Just curious if anyone is using one with their Euro rig, and how / where you incorporate it.

XOXO,

-that ol' wiggler
Rex Coil 7
I use a lot of bass guitar gear as crossover processors for my modular synth, as well as my 1962 Hammond C3. For instance, for Christmas my wife gave me an Electro Harmonix Bass Deluxe Big Muff Pi. I also use the same preamps with my bass/synths/Hammond. As well as the same power amps and bass cabs. Pretty much all of my bass guitar gear gets used with any/all of my synths, whether they be analogue modular, rompler rack synths, Ableton, or as I said, my Hammond.

My brother does the same thing. He runs his Korg Monologue, Novation Bass Station II, and Arturia Drumbrute Impact through his monitor speakers and his bass guitar amp/preamp/speaker cab. He has a Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe that I gave him for his birthday in 2017 that he runs his synths through.

Those bass processors get put into AUX busses of mixers, they get stuck on the main outputs of my modular. I am old school so I use a VCA on the very ass end of my patches, the bass stuff get's whatever comes out of the VCA ... just exactly like it was a Minimoog or any other performance synth. Other times I run my VCO mixer output into a VCA to lower the signal level, then out to bass gear, then back in to the modular using an "instrument interface" to boost the signal back up to modular levels, then through the VCF array, then out of the VCF array and into the main output VCA, and out to any other stomp boxes or rack FX, lastly into the desk mixer.

Just however I want to use bass gear, where ever I want to use bass gear.

It's all good. Really shores up the low end of pretty much anything.

(I'm no longer monitoring this thread)

seriously, i just don't get it
D/A A/D
Thanks for answering and not answering my question at the same time...

MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
I use a lot of bass guitar gear as crossover processors for my modular synth, as well as my 1962 Hammond C3. For instance, for Christmas my wife gave me an Electro Harmonix Bass Deluxe Big Muff Pi. I also use the same preamps with my bass/synths/Hammond. As well as the same power amps and bass cabs. Pretty much all of my bass guitar gear gets used with any/all of my synths, whether they be analogue modular, rompler rack synths, Ableton, or as I said, my Hammond.

My brother does the same thing. He runs his Korg Monologue, Novation Bass Station II, and Arturia Drumbrute Impact through his monitor speakers and his bass guitar amp/preamp/speaker cab. He has a Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe that I gave him for his birthday in 2017 that he runs his synths through.

Those bass processors get put into AUX busses of mixers, they get stuck on the main outputs of my modular. I am old school so I use a VCA on the very ass end of my patches, the bass stuff get's whatever comes out of the VCA ... just exactly like it was a Minimoog or any other performance synth. Other times I run my VCO mixer output into a VCA to lower the signal level, then out to bass gear, then back in to the modular using an "instrument interface" to boost the signal back up to modular levels, then through the VCF array, then out of the VCF array and into the main output VCA, and out to any other stomp boxes or rack FX, lastly into the desk mixer.

Just however I want to use bass gear, where ever I want to use bass gear.

It's all good. Really shores up the low end of pretty much anything.

(I'm no longer monitoring this thread)

seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1