MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

o_C or teensy problem - SOLVED
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author o_C or teensy problem - SOLVED
unruhe
Please see below and don't trust USB cables d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

hi all,
I've hit the wall.
Trying to use the Teensy loader with the Ornament and Crime, I can load the .hex but whatever combination of plug, press the teensy button, wiggle or swear I cannot get the Program button to light up.
And yes, I tried 4 cables, 3 o_C modules and two computers - OS X and Win 10.
I'm lost. No information of that sort of issue shows up in my searches...
Any ideas?
flts
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader_mac.html

So you

1) see the "Press Button on Teensy to manually enter Program Mode",
2) have the Teensy powered on, either via USB or the case +-12V power, depending on whether the trace was cut in Teensy (if the USB power trace is cut on the Teensy board by the builder, you will need to apply Euro power to get it running and programmed), but
3) pressing the program button on Teensy board produces no visible effect in the Teensy Loader?

In case this doesn't accurately describe the problem, could you describe the steps you're taking?
unruhe
flts wrote:

In case this doesn't accurately describe the problem, could you describe the steps you're taking?

Thanks a lot for helping, but what I just discovered is that all 4 cables I tried were charge-only cables... Dead Banana

You can't tell just by looking at them. Turns out, the only data cable I have in that size it an old Kindle cable, all others that come with gizmos have no data wires in them.

That also solves my problem with not downloading pics from my camera - it's an old one and I assumed it was slowly dying and just pulled the card out.
flts
^- Great! Sometimes the actual solution is the simplest one hihi
fuzzbass
unruhe wrote:
Turns out, the only data cable I have in that size it an old Kindle cable

Kindle man, its coming back in a big way! Also, you want this old kindle I have here?
Just me
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. Dr. Seuss.
unruhe
fuzzbass wrote:
unruhe wrote:
Turns out, the only data cable I have in that size it an old Kindle cable

Kindle man, its coming back in a big way! Also, you want this old kindle I have here?

Nah, but send the cable!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1