MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Module of the year
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Module of the year
ericD13
Maybe it's just cruel because there are not so many new modules in 5U ...

What would be the most significant module released this year according to you ?
It can't be a port of a eurorack module ...

I pick DR01 from corsynth
daveholiday
Agreed, the drum modules from Corsynth are giving 5u users more "stand alone" drum options. Pablo has done a great job and I am looking forward to the DR-02!

Not exactly the same category but the modules from Noise Engineering are giving some interesting drum type options as well. I know they are euro adapted so....
josaka
basimilus magnus-STG Envelope-SW 921s- Q114-Q157-corsynth 2044-
Dove WTF OSC-FC System X Osc.. are all great things this year..

the DR-01 seems pretty costly.. the DR-02 seems more interesting.. but the great drum machines out there negate these for me..
Rex Coil 7
I don't know about this year's "best" (2019, that is) .. after all, this year is only four days old at the time of this posting. But in my own opinion, the best module that I find most useful for my own needs and what I feel is the meanest sumunnabitch in the valley is THIS bad ass mo facker (actually, the pair of them, since I made two of them), and controlled by the beast pictured beneath it .....

I'm allowed to espouse this opinion and I'll offer no apologies for doing so ... after all, even Dr. Frankenstein loved his monster. In each of the two identical modules, there are 4 feedback circuits, 2 custom purpose-tuned ring mods, dual soft/hard simultaneous sync routings, fourteen normalized waveform outputs sent directly to the pre-VCF array input mixer, and twenty normalized modulation input sources. They're built to be able to swap out/exchange any of all four PCBs (per module) with nothing more than a #2 Phillip's screwdriver so repairs/modifications/replacements can be done inside of fifteen minutes.

They probably wouldn't suit a single other soul, but that's of no matter. They were designed and built by me, to suit me, to allow me to better express myself. And they do just that.

Yup, baddest modules of 2018. Just ask me, I'll tell ya!

thumbs up
Just me
STG envelope and sidecar.
kindredlost
Just me wrote:
STG envelope and sidecar.

Agreed. I’m getting a lot of mileage from them so far.
Just me
He built a mode in it at my request that has never before been available. I am spending my time with it as a second voice control that gives near release velocity effect to the voice. Is interesting in sequences, also.
sbuge
edited because I did not read the it cant be Eurorack adaptation..

So I will vote Stg envelope (instead of my original answer 1 MU ornament & crime Free State FX).
hamildad
Just me wrote:
He built a mode in it at my request that has never before been available. I am spending my time with it as a second voice control that gives near release velocity effect to the voice. Is interesting in sequences, also.

explain please, I'll always feel I am under using this module....

I'm voting for the Dove WTF module as its nice to see non subtractive stuff get produced and released.

More companies doing Euro and 5U is a good thing.
gregae
hamildad wrote:
I'm voting for the Dove WTF module as its nice to see non subtractive stuff get produced and released.

thumbs up

That WFT module gets my vote as well. Need more of this!
josaka
hamildad wrote:
Just me wrote:

explain please, I'll always feel I am under using this module....

More companies doing Euro and 5U is a good thing.

..I will take it off your hands in a clandestine meeting if needed smile
Dr Gris
KMR AUDIO in London has the exclusive for the WTF in MU format.
I'm saving up.

//M
Just me
The mode is a reverse envelope. Instead of ADSR, it acts RSDA. So when you trigger it it ramps to the sustain level at the release setting. Then, when you remove the gate, it peaks at the decay setting and fades at the attack setting. Great for key release transients or chaining envelopes for very animated voicing.
Synth Con Meo
Dr Gris wrote:
I'm saving up.

//M

I actually just put in a pre-order for the WTF Oscillator in MU from Noisebug. Not sure what the wait time is going to be for it but excited to see it when it is finally available.
AMJ
DR-01 by Corsynth
This is just a badass module. I am getting a second one and cannot wait for the dr2!
Dr Gris
Synth Con Meo wrote:
Dr Gris wrote:
I'm saving up.

//M

I actually just put in a pre-order for the WTF Oscillator in MU from Noisebug. Not sure what the wait time is going to be for it but excited to see it when it is finally available.

That's great news! thumbs up

//M
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1