MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland d5,d10,d110,d20
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Roland d5,d10,d110,d20
CoreInside
Any users about? Drexciya was said to have used this. Are they really good sounding but hard to program?
Luap
Yes they can sound excellent. But sure, they are a massive chore to program, in my opinion.
I never tried to use mine with a programmer (hardware or software), but it has to make the thing much more useable..
CoreInside
What software are ppl using with this thing?
synthpriest
You remind me of how I never managed to purchase the PG-10 programmer for this. Yes it can sound good, the filter reminds me of the s-550 filter from the same era. Digital with an analogue soul. Miley Cyrus
CoreInside

U[/img]
Licudi
In the late 1980s, the D-110 was what you bought if you couldn't afford a D-50; it had a a greatly inferior sound albeit multitimbral. Now that good secondhand D-50s are around £300 (and the D-05 is an excellent alternative if you haven't got room for the real thing), I can't see why anyone would bother with a D-110. Unless your budget is just fifty quid or so...
commodorejohn
It has its own cheesy charm, I think - it's more or less a keyboard version of the MT-32, with on-board programming. Except I think there's some differences in the sample ROM that prevent it from being directly MT-32 compatible, so you can't just hook it up to SCUMMVM and away you go... confused
flashheart
commodorejohn wrote:
It has its own cheesy charm, I think - it's more or less a keyboard version of the MT-32, with on-board programming.
Except it's 1U rackmount smile. You're thinking of the D10/20.
Phase47
Licudi wrote:
In the late 1980s, the D-110 was what you bought if you couldn't afford a D-50.

So true. Same with the TX81z & DX7.
commodorejohn
flashheart wrote:
commodorejohn wrote:
It has its own cheesy charm, I think - it's more or less a keyboard version of the MT-32, with on-board programming.
Except it's 1U rackmount smile. You're thinking of the D10/20.

Ah, so I am. Though the guts are essentially identical.
CoreInside

synthpriest
Love the d110. Miley Cyrus
geecen
I like the sound of the d110 when you programme some interesting patches on it. The main thing that annoys me is the file structure: you have to save each sound, timbre, patch separately- it's really confusing and I just want everything to save and be in that one patch in one go.

I' sure the d50 is better, it has a few more features like lfo to pwm, but the general sound you can get is in the same ball park. My D110 was £40 so can't complain!

Here is something I made just with the D110:

And here D110 and friends:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1