MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
soup
Trying out some new panel material, laser cut mdf, the beginnings of a cgs sequencer maybe, pulse divider and quad logic gate in banana frac...

gnsk
sample and hold and lfo and lfo and noise

djthopa
gnsk wrote:

Wow!
tobb
Kampfzwerg wrote:
Thanks for your comment djs!

Not sure yet, I have to get it to work properly first.

Another thing is the 50k center tabbed potentiometers.
I didn't find a supplier that does them in the quality I need them.
So I have to make them myself, which is pretty fiddely.

For me this is more of a "the journey is the destination" thing.
I want to know if I can even do it. And I got a family too...

Martin

You can get them in small quantity's from Omeg UK,also the pot with switch for the filter mode
SlightlyNasty
That point-to-point is fab, gnsk.

soup - is that melamine coated MDF you're using or just painted? Looks great!
Kampfzwerg
tobb wrote:
Kampfzwerg wrote:
Thanks for your comment djs!

Not sure yet, I have to get it to work properly first.

Another thing is the 50k center tabbed potentiometers.
I didn't find a supplier that does them in the quality I need them.
So I have to make them myself, which is pretty fiddely.

For me this is more of a "the journey is the destination" thing.
I want to know if I can even do it. And I got a family too...

Martin

You can get them in small quantity's from Omeg UK,also the pot with switch for the filter mode

Hi tobb

Thank you for your comment!

I'll contact Omegs sales about that, since I couldn't see anyting about it on their Website.

And as for the BP switch: I'll probably just go for the reissue SEM design and put in a slide switch.
Kampfzwerg
I just got a friendly Mail from Omegs saying that they stopped making these
center tapped Pots back in the 1990s.
I think they would start producing them if I'd buy 120'000 of them hihi

Anyway, it was worth a try. Thanks again.
soup
SlightlyNasty wrote:
soup - is that melamine coated MDF you're using or just painted? Looks great!

Thanks. It's coated mdf, not melamine but something similar. It's a nice change from the acrylic I had been using a lot.
Kampfzwerg
Hey soup: I really like how you layed out that pannel!
jochem
I've recently built two modules, designed by David Haillant. Both are adaptations of Music from outer space: the Weird sound generator and the Sound lab mini system.

cackland
Where did you get the pcbs manufactured?
Kampfzwerg
cackland:

Are you asking just jochem or the general public?
jochem
cackland wrote:
Where did you get the pcbs manufactured?

I bought them from David Haillant: www.davidhaillant.com. If i remember correctly, they will be sold through synthcube.
Reese P. Dubin
gnsk wrote:

o hell yes look at that mess!
love this
Reese P. Dubin

pic upload wont allow rotation today so...

I tore down and rebuilt stuff from the last 12 years into a lil system for a friend. The top section in '4U' the bottom essentially Frac. Pretty fun
Orgone Accumulator
TH XR VCO
TH LM VCO
mix
Serge middle wave mult
VCQF
SSG
VCS
Appendage ribbon controller. Did only like 10 of us make these???
Barton Dual Nice Quantizer
4 LFOs from Marjan's MS20 revision
VCA VC mix bank
5V source/simple comparator/ext input
2 outputs with volume

sadly too tired to give it the full workout it deserves before it leaves for its new home.
charonme

heptaphasis MW thread
fitzgreyve
Original Digisound 80-17 Reverb PCB repackaged for Eurorack.

The add-on PCB is a duplicate output filter for stereo out, plus CV control of Delay (I basically just put a vactrol across the clock frequency control resistor). Switches add "echo" mode and choice of feedback stage.

The original digisound PCB was "interesting" to assemble (nearly 35 years ago!) - top ground plane without any solder mask.
dKRelease
ARP 2600 clone in eurorack format

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215178&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=50
forestcaver
4hp, triple S+H, independent noise generation, aluminium panel, with trig normalled (0603 parts on the back to make it easier to diy and based on kinks S+H section)

StillNotWorking
wrong thread - sorry zombie
Pav
Oakley 5U builds:

Pav
Utilities Panel consisting of YuSynth Clock Divider, MFOS Quantizer, passive mult, in an "AllMetalParts" case with Oakley PSU.

For any of you who have built the mfos quantizer look closely at this pcb

I believe this was a prototype that was sent out by supplier by mistake. They sent a regular pcb after to the friend who passed this on to me. Not only are the SS4,5,6 holes missing on the right, plus holes for two capacitors were missing too. But i puzzled it out and luckily got it to work Rockin' Banana!
Pav
For the Eurorack afficianados...

[/url]

I used the MN3007 BBD ..onboard lfo is a bonus. Still need to find some decent knobs that fit.
StillNotWorking
DAC+ DSP. Hope this setup will make it easy to get into RPi synthesis and hi-fi.
DSP function seems intriguing.

[/img]
sduck
I've got a similar RPi/hifiberry setup for streaming stuff from my computer to my stereo. Using Volumio. It works fairly well. Fiddly, but works.

BTW, this thread is normally used for showing off modular synth related DIY builds - the kind of stuff you've been posting here might be better suited for the New Booty thread - https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4323
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 8 of 10