MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
gnsk
"Stziopa x Bastl: Kompas"

* from open-source schematics and code
* 5hp -> 4hp repackt

dot matrix madness
I admire people that have the guts to refrain from using PCBs and solder directly to ICs.
Lolo73
dot matrix madness wrote:
I admire people that have the guts to refrain from using PCBs and solder directly to ICs.

Yeah ! applause
Grumble

You should check THIS guy out we're not worthy
Lolo73
Grumble wrote:

Yes... Or this one : Peter Vogel One of my prefered artist
Pixelator
soup wrote:
Moogah SEM filter...

Hexinverter Postman EG...

Stroh Stereo Out...

It's a banana frac party It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana!

Where did you get those colorful jack sockets? grin
dot matrix madness
Lolo73 wrote:
Grumble wrote:

Yes... Or this one : Peter Vogel One of my prefered artist

There is a 20m tall installation of Peter Vogel (1937-2017) in the Max-Planck Institute in Saarbruecken (Germany), which is next to my office. What coincidence!
av500
Pixelator wrote:

Where did you get those colorful jack sockets? grin

looks like the banana jacks that Mouser sells
Lolo73

There is a 20m tall installation of Peter Vogel (1937-2017) in the Max-Planck Institute in Saarbruecken (Germany), which is next to my office. What coincidence!

Nice ! have you ever seen it in real ? I'd like to !
dot matrix madness
Lolo73 wrote:

Nice ! have you ever seen it in real ? I'd like to !

I know this installation since 2003 and was pretty impressed by its size. It is in the hall of that institute and you can have a look at it during business hours. There are more buildings on the campus that have art as part of the construction, which are open to the public.
Unfortunately they turned off the sound (which isn't that impressive), but you can still see the 300 LEDs starting to react if you come close.
OIP
gnsk wrote:
"Stziopa x Bastl: Kompas"

amazing!

just having a look at this module, seems cool like free range grids
muncky
Just about finished calibrating Slopey - panel from Loudest Warning, built by me. Lots of help from Cygmu and thebadproducer for the funkier mods and calibration routines. The recreation of the Model 14 did take a lot of brain power but initial findings very positive. Guinness ftw!

Favourite addition is the Cycling jack on the DTGs, which causes them to cycle when a gate is received.

Must continue to work on my wiring tho - this one is pretty dense, and I’m sure I can continue to make this tidier!

J3RK
Nice work! I really like the standoffs for working on the back. I've never done that, but I'm about to start! applause
muncky
J3RK wrote:
Nice work! I really like the standoffs for working on the back. I've never done that, but I'm about to start! applause

Thanks! It was actually a nightmare of adjustments throughout to get it all to fit, made worse by the idea/need to use chicklets for the Model 14 at the 11th hour. Modular Tetris!!
chuckg
Hand-carved power supply board, $mumble
recently built, unenclosed module tester, $something
ancient Tektronix 475, $buckfiddy

working VCO1, saweeeet!

dot matrix madness
Submixer/adder (for analog drum modules that have their own level knob): 10 mono inputs, 1 output with gain control.

So far the first module where I made the front plate first for obvious reasons. 6HP, but possibly also doable on 4HP.
cartertools
CGS gate block inspired/derived quad gate boost/buffer. Takes a smaller gate and makes it 0V-9V.
dot matrix madness
Pimp your bass drum: ProCo Rat Distortion Pedal (schematics here) adapted to 6HP by combining it with the CGS stomp box adapter. Instead of 9V it works from +12V as well.
Addtional feature: Toogle switch between silicon diodes (1N4148) and germanium ones (AA134). The silicon diodes produce a somewhat brighter sound. Thus you might want to try diodes with even larger voltage drop, such as LEDs.

OIP
got totally inspired by the kompas build in this thread (thanks!) so made one from stuff i had on hand. it's janky but hey it works and it's a cool little module, been having lots of fun with it. that arduino nano has been sitting in a drawer for months, get to work nano.

mome rath
Grumble wrote:

thank you, this guy is amazing

it's a very clever way to build modules...
AlanP

Had to get some panels made, but got it sorted. The Drive control is rather subtle, might be my ears, maybe.

According to Ken Stone, these 1J24B valves draw less power than a LED.
appliancide

Finally finished the second frequency shifter I started building early this year. The customer's was done over two months ago. I could have been done a bit sooner, but a couple of easy-to-build kits jumped the line.
Eric the Red
appliancide - that’s one sexy build.
MikeDB
95% digital so possibly not of interest to all, but you can see some of what it does at
http://inposesynth.000webhostapp.com/

Fits a standard Eurorack provided it's not too slimline a case. Love to hear any comments at mikedbryant@live.com

I aim to add the ability for people to actually try the real hardware online but need to change broadband supplier so I can get a fixed IP address.

[img]
das_Produkt
I just built my CGS Programmer/Sequencer.
The stage indicators are LED rings around the push buttons.

The picture quality is bad, again...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 12 of 13