MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
hox3d
After a while, here is what I have so far.
Several modules working and a powered case with a power distribution.

I just need to build a small output module for headphones.
But I'm quite happy with the result for now!

PSU is from Elby design, and I used the bad producer's guide to build the case.
I wonder what to build next... I still have most of the MARSH PCBs left.
cygmu
That boat is coming together very nicely.

What’s the power distribution board that you’re using? I don’t think I’ve seen those before.
appliancide
My last build post was too clean, so here's something completely different.

Built with parts I had on hand, using no layout for the PCB. Sounds like it looks...horrible. I am very happy with it.
forestcaver
Fates (monome norns clone) with 3d-printed case:

0603 SMT Benjolin:

squarewavesurfer
hox3d
cygmu wrote:
That boat is coming together very nicely.

What’s the power distribution board that you’re using? I don’t think I’ve seen those before.

Ah, this is my first PCB design that actually got further than "yet another KiCad project stored on my computer".
Plugs are soldered underneath the board, so that it cannot be higher than 1 cm.
It fits well with aluminum brackets!

Could be improved with proper footprints on the edges rather than simple pads.
Pav
Completed my second major smd build today Rockin' Banana!

20 seconds of mobile phone recording..sound could be better.
AlanP

Buchla 258 clone, using Verbos' annotated schematic. This version uses the THAT340 transistor array. Haven't tested the tracking, but everything else works nicely smile

Got a version 0.2 that uses matched transistor pairs instead (the cheap BC847DS type), but that needs debugging. This version works nicely, and sounds great!
squarewavesurfer
AlanP wrote:

Buchla 258 clone, using Verbos' annotated schematic. This version uses the THAT340 transistor array. Haven't tested the tracking, but everything else works nicely smile

Got a version 0.2 that uses matched transistor pairs instead (the cheap BC847DS type), but that needs debugging. This version works nicely, and sounds great!

Wow! Great work AlanP, I'm loving all the buchla adaptations!
chuckg
Just now finished my Compact 2600. Electrically, anyway: I have it stuffed into a prototype case. The prototype would be fine, but somehow my tape measure was off one inch in the height department. Luckily I have a miter saw, and plenty of glue.

aphantomvaper
Fun times building this Ultraflop!
AlanP
Tried something new (to me, anyway), and was very happy that it worked out... in the end...

Serge's touch controller from Synapse Magazine (released under the name 'Arpad Benares'.) I screwed up a few resistors in the little oscillator, and the chips are insanely close to the headers, but I muddled through, and it works, now smile

I was rather worried about this one, actually. I looked up some design guidelines for how to lay out capacitative touch pads, and did my best according to them, but I still wasn't entirely sure that it was going to work out. But it did (despite the ugly resistors and the piece of wire), and now works nicely.
cackland
chuckg wrote:
Just now finished my Compact 2600. Electrically, anyway: I have it stuffed into a prototype case. The prototype would be fine, but somehow my tape measure was off one inch in the height department. Luckily I have a miter saw, and plenty of glue.

Very nice. Love the panels. Where did you get these manufactured?
chuckg
cackland wrote:
chuckg wrote:
Just now finished my Compact 2600.

Very nice. Love the panels. Where did you get these manufactured?

There's a link to the build thread by dkRelease in the text, where it says Compact 2600. Real good price on boards and panels, easy build.
steviet
I made my first cruddy little envelope generator circuit on stripboard! An old 3D printed blank I had laying around served as a panel.

This is the first project I did that wasn't the "paint by numbers" process of purchasing pre-made PCBs and sourcing components (not that there's anything wrong with that process!). Lots of learning still to be done!!

BadPixel
Nice things all!! applause I miss my soldering iron waah Seeing all the cool stuff everyone's building. High time for an overdue Mouser order and getting back at it thumbs up
Reese P. Dubin

green expander boat for my pal
Benjolin/DUSG/GatedComparator/208Random/DigitalNoise/DualLPG

Big innovation here is powering off a 16V wart instead of a chunk Power One. Very like
ashleym
Reese P. Dubin wrote:

green expander boat for my pal
Benjolin/DUSG/GatedComparator/208Random/DigitalNoise/DualLPG

Big innovation here is powering off a 16V wart instead of a chunk Power One. Very like

Lovely.

how do you stay on top of what all the bits do? will you be able to do this after a break in using the synth?
Reese P. Dubin
I find if I lay stuff out with a consistent logic, I never forget whats what.
JanneI

Jurgen Haible - Living Vocoder
forestcaver
A 4hp 3320 lpf and an 8hp 3340 vco - really happy with them and how they sound (I’ll get the pcbs remade for the vcf as there was an error on this one, easily fixed with a jumper wire, as I want another three for polyphony)

[/img]
Revok
JanneI wrote:
[img]awesomeness[/img]

we're not worthy
cackland
JanneI that is a best. Well done
sduck
JanneI wrote:

Holy cow! That's magnificent! something wonderful
ashleym
JanneI wrote:

Have we seen better this year?

Hopefully it is sounds as good as it looks?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 13 of 14