MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author The 2019 Show Us Your DIY Builds Thread
cackland
appliancide, I like that little case.
fitzgreyve
A couple of new builds - first the diode filter from the PE Minisonic Synth (at some point I may get around to doing the EG/VCA and VCO's as separate modules). VCF core runs on the original +9V/-6V supply and I've included a built in noise source. Panel decal/transfer shrunk a bit (old stock). It will self oscillate, but only above 2kHz:

Demo: just the noise source I've included in the VCF module, plus a sequenced sawtooth, nothing else:
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-370549348/minisonic-vcf-demo[/s]

Second, a passive dual switch, idea unashamedly borrowed from Frequency Cental. Nice to get some large clunky switches in eurorack!

Kampfzwerg
First SEM Clone Prototype is working now.

Still waiting for the VCO Frequency fine Potentiometers to arrive.
mome rath
ooooooooooooooooh myyyy
Roni
My first 0402 build. I was surprised I could do them by hand.

[/img]
Kampfzwerg
Wow, these solder joints look very clean. Good job!
paperCUT
paperCUT wrote:
I finally fixed the last few issues with this smile It's a conversion of the utterly fantastic RV600 and EM600 pedals. Each of the boards had their pots and jacks removed and a carrier board made for each (same board). Then using the multi row headers and the SMD jumpers each board get it's 'address' on the front panel board. The system worked really well but it proved to be practically impossible to removed the large electros so the headers had to extra long and crudely cut down waah Not skiff friendly!

In case anyone is interested I'll attach the schematics for these pedals so they don't get lost. They differ slightly between models but the signal path is basically the same, it's very clean cool

I can share my eagle files if anyone dares to try mounting both hihi
chuckg
So happy to be posting my first real build, a Module Toaster/Tester/NotFromMu device. I forgot how zen it is to sit and solder! I really must tell an embarrassing tale of this build. I put it together, sans chips, and fired it up for voltage checks. Then I put in the chips and fired it up again. To my horror, there was nothing on the display. I checked everything.... seemed fine, but still no text on the display. Then I realized, no, DUHHHH, try adjusting the contrast! Stupid me.

Another Stupid Mistake came about when I clicked the rev1 BOM instead of rev2. That's why you don't see the DC-DC inverter, and instead see cables from a pair of 12VDC wall warts. Not stupid if it works! I'll either get the inverter, or just build a +/- supply from the rev1 parts.

I'll knock together a case in my wood shop over the weekend.

cartertools
Another 2x84hp case, I'm really going to rearrange all my modules while I have the space before I build more...just like I thought I was going to the last case I built. Finally made a jig for cutting/drilling the vector rail angle brackets on the CNC, which made setup a lot easier. Busboards designed in Kicad and made by JLC. Went a little crazy with the paint job.

Kampfzwerg
chuckg wrote:
So happy to be posting my first real build, a Module Toaster/Tester/NotFromMu device. I forgot how zen it is to sit and solder! I really must tell an embarrassing tale of this build. I put it together, sans chips, and fired it up for voltage checks. Then I put in the chips and fired it up again. To my horror, there was nothing on the display. I checked everything.... seemed fine, but still no text on the display. Then I realized, no, DUHHHH, try adjusting the contrast! Stupid me.

Another Stupid Mistake came about when I clicked the rev1 BOM instead of rev2. That's why you don't see the DC-DC inverter, and instead see cables from a pair of 12VDC wall warts. Not stupid if it works! I'll either get the inverter, or just build a +/- supply from the rev1

Hey there chuckg:
About those dumb mistakes: It happens to all of us! I mean it. really stupid stuff. Anybody who is telling you otherwise is just lying. Simple as that...
chuckg
Kampfzwerg wrote:

Hey there chuckg:
About those dumb mistakes: It happens to all of us! I mean it. really stupid stuff. Anybody who is telling you otherwise is just lying. Simple as that...

...it's all part of the fun! Without dumb mistakes there would be no Teflon. Literally.
dot matrix madness
TR 909 bass drum clone with four additional potis for modifications (right hand row) plus manual trigger button. Compression turned out to be
rather subtle, but Depth, Pitch, and Distortion rock.

Specs: 12HP, powered from +/-12V, main PCB is 8cm deep, the three ICs of the noise source plus the filter network are on the sub PCB.
mrtweed
Just built a couple of those cute baby sloths.

cartertools
Quick test circuit for measuring amps on both rails at the same time.
[/img]
aphantomvaper
mrtweed wrote:
Just built a couple of those cute baby sloths.

I didn't even know those existed! Gotsta get some of those!
retoid
Nice! I built a few of them as well grin

Looking forward to Andrew's latest 1U modules also.
Synch59
The result of 4+ months of researching, sourcing parts, building, and troubleshooting.

Tiptop Audio Happy Ending w/ uZeus PSU
LMNC 3340 VCO
AISynthesis AI002+ (added another input)
LMNC MS-20 style LPF
Dintree D100 Quad VCA
JJ Clark's AS3310 ADSR (still troubleshooting)

Yet more to discover and build.

DIYDSP
It got so painful dealing with a dearth of analog inputs on micros to make knobs... So I finally designed one daisy-chainable multiplexer to rule them all!

My system should scale to 8 boards with 5 built-in knobs each and additional inputs for 3 more. That makes 64 knobs in total. It only uses one analog input on an Arduino/Teensy/Nucleo/ESP/etc. It also uses two digital outputs. I've been documenting the process on yt and getting feedback from people.

64-in-1 Synthesizer Knob Multiplexer

[img]https://imgur.com/XBmoXkc[/img]

[img]https://imgur.com/PJfV5XA[/img]

[img]https://imgur.com/LkVCB8x[/img]
ashleym
DIYDSP wrote:
It got so painful dealing with a dearth of analog inputs on micros to make knobs... So I finally designed one daisy-chainable multiplexer to rule them all!

Thanks for posting. I just watched some of the related YouTube videos. Clear and informative (that’s a lame way of saying good). This stuff isn’t complicated if (a) you know what you’re doing (b) creative (c) you understand it well enough to explain it well.
J3RK

In progress... It's peanut butter jelly time!
Bartelby
I haven't built much over the last 6 months. But today all the parts arrived for me to build:

Now I just need to find the Amazon Echo power supply, that's in a drawer somewhere...
cygmu
J3RK wrote:

But what is it you big tease?

Nice to see you back designing and building!
J3RK
cygmu wrote:
J3RK wrote:

But what is it you big tease?

Nice to see you back designing and building!

hihi

I'll have something more substantial to show very soon with some details.
Jay F.
I just finished a Turing Machine.

Lolo73
I am starting a series of simple but useful modules: mixer, crossfader, etc. Here are my first front panels (still searching for a good design) and my first module. For the moment, nothing documented, but I'm working on it!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 11 of 14