MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NAMM 2019 Euro
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author NAMM 2019 Euro
hawkfuzz
Anyone know what’s about to happen? Hoping Intellijel drops some more 1U.
joem
I've seen some non-modular leaks, but haven't heard about anything specifically modular yet. I'm trying not to spend too much money before NAMM though, just in case I need to get something!
ayruos
joem wrote:
I've seen some non-modular leaks, but haven't heard about anything specifically modular yet. I'm trying not to spend too much money before NAMM though, just in case I need to get something!

Or a V2 or V3 of something you want now comes out and it drops in value by half grin
hawkfuzz
Yeah I was saving for some stuff and then realized it was real close so I’ll just keep saving.
cackland
hawkfuzz wrote:
Yeah I was saving for some stuff and then realized it was real close so I’ll just keep saving.

If its anything like last year, what is announced at NAMM won't likely be available for several months afterwards.

Some modules that were promised last year, still are yet to be available.

In other words, you could be saving your pennies for a lot longer than you might think.
franman69
I can't wait to see whatever is offered new... I go every year to network, but I secretly just want to geek around the modular exhibits..
hawkfuzz
cackland wrote:
hawkfuzz wrote:

If its anything like last year, what is announced at NAMM won't likely be available for several months afterwards.

Some modules that were promised last year, still are yet to be available.

In other words, you could be saving your pennies for a lot longer than you might think.

I'm aware. Really curious to see if MN expand upon their utilization of the BUS system. Malekko surely will have some of the incomplete modules from last year.
ayruos
I know this thread is for Euro, but I'd probably buy my first Volca if the Volca Micro Modular turns out to be a real thing. I'm done buying more Euro gear, even if I have the GAS for some of it.
hawkfuzz
Thing looks nice.
rayultine
hawkfuzz wrote:
Anyone know what’s about to happen? Hoping everyone drops some more 1U.

fixed your post
hawkfuzz
Until a format is standardized, I don't see manufacturers participating that don't already. Limiting your client base isn't a good way to move.
rayultine
I just love my tiles, and I would love even more options.
hawkfuzz
Just checked the vendor list and only saw NE and Qubit. Damn.
Dragonaut
Radikal Technologies, Rossum, Moog, u-He, Verbos. Maybe not everyone I would like to see but my wallet ain't complaining. And I wouldn't complain if NE introduced yet more crazy oscillators. I think technically there is still time to reserve a booth, haha.
hawkfuzz
Ooo missed a few. Malekko is always there. Surprising. I wonder if SB is where it’s at from here on out.
2disbetter
I got the impression for my last year's winter NAMM and Superbooth 18 that euro kind of skipped NAMM and just did SB in a big way.

My prediction is that we'll see more of the same this year. Really looking forward to SB again this year.
starthief
There were a few interesting things at NAMM, and nothing at Musikmesse that I remember but yeah, SuperBooth is the big one.
sempervirent
NAMM is also quite expensive. In recent years someone like WMD or Analogue Haven has helped organize a shared space in order to get the individual booth costs down. But there are more events now – like Superbooth, as mentioned, along with KnobCon in the US – so I don't know that NAMM will continue being a focal point for module manufacturers.

I checked the NAMM exhibitor database here and there are some notable absences from the list. Also the XLS file on that page includes 2,166 companies. If you want a new product announcement to stand out, competing with all that noise is a challenge.
hawkfuzz
Yeah. Definitely saturated. I’m sure most people just look at the modules as
novelty at this point at the event. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ve not seen eurorack pop up in more places.

I have seen CV/Gate outs pop up frequently though so that’s a W.
anselmi
2disbetter wrote:
I got the impression for my last year's winter NAMM and Superbooth 18 that euro kind of skipped NAMM and just did SB in a big way.

My prediction is that we'll see more of the same this year. Really looking forward to SB again this year.

not just eurorack manufacturers...I think some synth names like Moog and DSI are doing the same
ignatius
a lot of them skip NAMM now because it's pretty expensive and it's better to go to something like sooperbooth which is more focused on electronic music tools and synths and stuff and it's less expensive and ya get to go to berlin which is more fun than a convention center in anaheim. smile
mritenburg
Do the Hans Zimmers of the world attend SB or NAMM?
windspirit
ignatius wrote:
...and ya get to go to berlin which is more fun than a convention center in anaheim. smile

There is also about 1000000% fewer guitar solos
smurf
windspirit wrote:
ignatius wrote:
...and ya get to go to berlin which is more fun than a convention center in anaheim. smile

Rockin' Banana!
dooj88
windspirit wrote:
ignatius wrote:

haha, that quick scene in IDOW when they are going over NAMM and they cut to a guitarist bending the crap out of a note mid wank-sesh always makes me laugh. superbooth is the place.

i remember knobcon having an impressive attendance last year too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2