MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths Plasma Drive?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Erica Synths Plasma Drive?
MARK27
Quote:
If blinky lights are your bag, fine. Get out your wallet, dig deep, and consume.

It would be great if you could express your opinion without the condescending attitude toward those of us that are interested in this product. C'mon, man.
Footkerchief
Aren't plasma globes known for causing pretty dire RF interference? Any chance this will cause bleed in adjacent modules?
Esgal
Footkerchief wrote:
Aren't plasma globes known for causing pretty dire RF interference? Any chance this will cause bleed in adjacent modules?

That’s a good question. My son has one. I’ll set it next to my rack and see what happens. And for good measure, I’ll listen with my EM mic too
anselmi
Footkerchief wrote:

I have the pedal version and it´s near to a lot of other pedals and semi-modular analog synths, even close to one of my euro cabinets and I don´t noticed any kind of interference

a module version could be different though, but I think the thing is shielded to avoid this issues.
versipellis
I kinda wish the video demos of it had it with a wider variety of synths. It's a little too aggressive and in your face in the IG demo they posted.
magneteyez
There’s some serieus mayhem going on woah
kodek

cool
psykon
something wonderful Drunken Homer Simpson

I love it applause
Franktree
Not sure about sound, but it certainly LOOKS awesome.
NoLegs
I think it sounds great and different from the other distortions I have (and I have a lot). Really excited about the trigger able octave and sub octave switches, too. I can see a LOT of fun with that.
DanJGW
Full tilt sounds difficult to tame but I reckon half cocked it's going to be great with CV of course. To the poster saying about the sticking to consonant intervals when using the guitar version, that pretty much sums up every hardcore fuzz pedal I've ever tried and I've worked in a guitar shop for 23 years and personally know a few makers around here. YMMV of course but from my point of view different = good. applause
FarmerPhilip
Esgal wrote:
Footkerchief wrote:

That’s a good question. My son has one. I’ll set it next to my rack and see what happens. And for good measure, I’ll listen with my EM mic too

All joking aside, that could - if controlled (contained) - be an interesting random source...
Richjk7
Is the sound actually going through the plasma or is just blinking from the input signal?
emilng
people on muffwiggler: "I'm surprised there aren't more women on this site"

also people muffwiggler:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
It's the chick with the great body that has absolutely no other redeeming qualities who purposely exploits the weaknesses of shallow boys to get her way by wearing revealing clothing.
Esgal
FarmerPhilip wrote:
Esgal wrote:
Footkerchief wrote:

All joking aside, that could - if controlled (contained) - be an interesting random source...

I still hav to dig through the garage to find the thing, but I think using an EM mic (routed into envelope follower) and then gradually bringing the bolt closer to the mic could be great for filter control and look freaking awesome.
sygor
I'm def gonna get this, it's utter filth! I might be being overly influenced by the excellent visuals but it sounds like electricity to me.
lisa
Any news on pricing? Asking for a friend. wink
bommelito
today amazona.de (not to confuse with amazon !!) names a price of 310 euros + VAT.
lisa
bommelito: thanks! w00t
Clacky
Franktree wrote:
Not sure about sound, but it certainly LOOKS awesome.

Yes indeeeeed!
djd_oz
bommelito wrote:
310 euros + VAT.

what?
RetroNice
djd_oz wrote:
bommelito wrote:
310 euros + VAT.

what?

Wow!
red
So what?
mclarensmps
Loving this
cg_funk
I told myself I wasn't going to GAS in 2019. No GAS this year.... <sigh> I really want this flashing in the corner of my rack..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3