MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths Plasma Drive?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author Erica Synths Plasma Drive?
Yes Powder
Really the only thing that's stopping me from buying it right now is that I'm afraid there might be too much functional overlap between this and my Zerosum Inertia Voltage Controlled Annihilation
batch
Just got one of these bad boys. The back ...

Esgal
Post videos now!
NoLegs
Just a quick patch. I'm using it on the side channel through a LRMSMSLR.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvApREbF_qk/
Esgal
NoLegs wrote:

Omg, I’m in love. Sounds wicked!
codetocontra
That. Is. Rad.
Cortega
NoLegs wrote:

love love Lotsa Love w00t!! w00t!! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Mashmore
I ordered one From Detroit Modular today and I'm pretty stocked. As far as RF is concerned ill post my experiences with it when it arrives...but by listening to Nolegs video I don't really care at this point. MY ASS IS BLEEDING Sounds excellent
NoLegs
Not a lot of videos so here's one I did a little while ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvaTxQbBXs_/

DETECT-Rx is extracting an envelope out of the Manis which is being routed to open and close the Fusion VCF and a next to end of chain VCA which clamps down on the signal after the Plasma Drive. Then the Autodyne squashes the hell out of everything.
Mashmore
NoLegs wrote:
Not a lot of videos so here's one I did a little while ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvaTxQbBXs_/

DETECT-Rx is extracting an envelope out of the Manis which is being routed to open and close the Fusion VCF and a next to end of chain VCA which clamps down on the signal after the Plasma Drive. Then the Autodyne squashes the hell out of everything.

That’s the stuff! Thanks for the patch notes as well Rockin' Banana!
Mashmore
Alright a little update. Yesterday was my first fully day with the plasma and it’s the bees knees! Incredibly complex and the trigger inputs really open the thing up. I am zero RF Interference for anyone who was curious.

Here is a simple plaits kick drum and rings click going into the plasma. I also have a noise gate at the end which works perfect for me to tame the noise floor introduced by the wet signal. Anyway this thing is a blast!

http://www.instagram.com/p/BwNsBtOF2cP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igsh id=m19w7jy4zh4r
Funky40
The Demos on this page are awesome !
not followed this module/threads so far......(only read this page 3)

how picky is the distortion in regards to the input gain of the incoming signal ?
what interests me is the "transistion space"........the space between having no signal "acceleration" and full "distortion .
That space inbetween.

how would you rate that "width" ?
wide ? very narrow ? so, lala ? ok ? VERY NICE and wide ?

how quick does it react to modulations, up to what Hz number do you like it ? would the 10-50hz range work ?
Mashmore
Intellijel Planar 2 and Plasma drive from this afternoon. A manual gate into the dry/wet is very fun.

Funky40
Funky40 wrote:

how picky is the distortion in regards to the input gain of the incoming signal ?
what interests me is the "transistion space"........the space between having no signal "acceleration" and full "distortion .
That space inbetween.

how would you rate that "width" ?
wide ? very narrow ? so, lala ? ok ? VERY NICE and wide ?

was my wording not clear enough ?
are you guys to busy patching ? hihi
or are you all just don´t caring, .........or just not knowing it ?

the question itself is a good one.
for example have i had a Trogotronic unit, IIRC the 277.
The sound was cool, very nice kind of overdrive or so, but it was not possible to drive the thing inbetween full overdrive and nothing *by modulating the CV* input*.
The window between no effect and full effect was *very* narrow !

so how is the plasma drive on this ?
and i guess the input level has also its effect ?
so: overall, how good can you steer between no effect and full effect ???
i´m interested in the area inbetween wink

would anybody here please give a feedback on what you think ......based on patch experiences ?
Rex Coil 7
emilng wrote:
people on muffwiggler: "I'm surprised there aren't more women on this site"

also people muffwiggler:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
It's the chick with the great body that has absolutely no other redeeming qualities who purposely exploits the weaknesses of shallow boys to get her way by wearing revealing clothing.
Don't be stupid ... that comment I made was mocking shallow boys that see female humans as toys or "things".

"Snowflake" was just added to the Websters Dictionary in the latest edition. There's a reason for that.

Geezus.
Rex Coil 7
MARK27 wrote:
Quote:
If blinky lights are your bag, fine. Get out your wallet, dig deep, and consume.

It would be great if you could express your opinion without the condescending attitude toward those of us that are interested in this product. C'mon, man.
Why do you always take what I have to say as if I'm attacking you? (personally, you). Are you really that sensitive? Or are YOU the one using this forum to assert YOUR opinions on others (turning them in, reporting every tiny little "mistep" that doesn't fit your mold). I think it's the latter.

C'mon man. lol lol lol

It seems you just don't know what to do when someone's opinions are contradictive of what you want to hear. It's just adult discussion. I, and others like me, have earned as much right to our opinions as anyone else. Learn the adult art of conflict resolution, you will get much farther in life.

C'mon man. lol lol lol

If you have something you want me to actually read that you've said, send me a PM and we'll discuss the issue like grown-ass men. But throwing out micro-aggressions (or saying things to someone that if the setting were in a bar you might find yourself on the wrong end of someone's drunken anger!) while hiding in public is not adult, and is certainly no way to resolve a conflict.

But, then again, that's just my opinion.

lol lol lol lol
Mashmore
3 months later... Sheesh. Back to the module and PM this shit out.
NoLegs
Ran the Folktek Mescaline (Mental module) through the Plasma Drive in this patch. Gives it a nice "electric" buzzing sound to it, I think. There's a bit of an intro, so if you're just interested in hearing that part of it, it's around 3:15.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3