MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Against The Clock, DIY. Rules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Against The Clock, DIY. Rules?
ObsoleteModular
[deleted]

Some random shit that got posted when I was drunk and then I read it sober and I'm like, "Dude, WTAF are you even on about?" lol
12ian34
I think this thread has legs. What rules would one include in a DIY Against The Clock include? I suggest

- No pre-loaded samples
- No pre-made patches
- If using DAW, completely blank project except for connection settings (e.g. MIDI setup)
jbuonacc
12ian34 wrote:
I think this thread has legs. What rules would one include in a DIY Against The Clock include? I suggest

- No pre-loaded samples
- No pre-made patches
- If using DAW, completely blank project except for connection settings (e.g. MIDI setup)

right... waste your whole ten minutes loading up samples and programming your sounds from scratch. brilliant.
lisa
I did one from scratch last year with the Eurorack and a drummachine. Nothing preloaded or prepatched. Got a decent loop going in 10 minutes. Though the first minute was silent due to patching and I guess listening to me picking drum sounds might not be the most tantalizing prospect. smile
12ian34
jbuonacc wrote:
right... waste your whole ten minutes loading up samples and programming your sounds from scratch. brilliant.

Much more difficult indeed, but it'll be a lot more interesting. With these rules, I imagine that the starting point would be more equal amongst all participants.

lisa wrote:
I did one from scratch last year with the Eurorack and a drummachine.

Nice! Which drum machine, and did you publish this anywhere? I'd be keen to lsiten!
lisa
12ian34 wrote:
Nice! Which drum machine, and did you publish this anywhere? I'd be keen to lsiten!

The video got broken so I never published it. Way less fun when there's only sound. However, if you want to hear it I just uploaded a private track: https://soundcloud.com/verklighetensfolk/atc/s-6wVww

Not edited in any way except that I removed the silent minute in the beginning. I programmed the drums in something like 15 seconds and spent several minutes changing and editing the sounds. hihi

The modules used are Pamela's New Workout for clocks, René for melody sequencing, Plaits for melody sound, Tapographic Delay for melody delay, UFX1604 for reverb, Arpitecht for bass sequence, Rings for bass sound and Electribe 2 for drums.
naturligfunktion
12ian34 wrote:

- No pre-loaded samples
- No pre-made patches

This is just my personal opinion, but I have always been more interested in how different artist start to develop a track, regardless if they have pre-loaded samples/patches etc. Such an apporach would clearly take away the competetive element, but it would make room for a greater diversity in how different wigglers approach making music.

I would therefore vote no rules except that everybody should start from scratch.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1