MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Using CV out on Subsequent 37 with alternate tunings?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Using CV out on Subsequent 37 with alternate tunings?
OlleOlle
I posted this on the Moog Forum too, but didn't get any answers so hopefully someone here own a Subsequent 37 CV or know how it works.

I have the chance to pick up the CV-version but wanted to check a thing first (otherwise I'll probably buy the normal): Does the CV out (when configured to send pitch) work with alternate tunings/scales? So if I pick an alternate scale/tuning on the Moog and control an oscillator in Eurorack - do they play the same pitch?

I guess/hope it works like this, but just wanted to double-check before buying.

Thanks,
thisoldmike
Yep. Whatever scale you choose in the global menu will also be sent out over the CV out. Just tried it myself using CV1 from the Sub37CV for pitch into a Klavis Twin waves and it works great.
OlleOlle
Thanks a lot!
OlleOlle
And if you send midi to the Sub37CV - say from a DAW - does it also send out pitch according to the scale chosen in the global menu over CV out?

thisoldmike wrote:
Yep. Whatever scale you choose in the global menu will also be sent out over the CV out. Just tried it myself using CV1 from the Sub37CV for pitch into a Klavis Twin waves and it works great.
thisoldmike
OlleOlle wrote:
And if you send midi to the Sub37CV - say from a DAW - does it also send out pitch according to the scale chosen in the global menu over CV out?

Interesting idea - I'll try it out after work this evening and let you know. thumbs up
thisoldmike
Indeed it does! I sent it a C major scale from my DAW and the notes being played changed as I scrolled though the scales in the Sub37 global config. Pretty cool, and now I'm interested in further exploring this functionality that I wasn't previously aware of. This is fun!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1