MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PreenFM2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author PreenFM2
CexMax
I'm considering the possibility of buying the FM PreenFM2 synth somebody owns I would like to know if there are pros and cons compared to the Elektron DIgitone, personally I know well the elktron machines but I am more intrigued to pure FM synthesis.
jabberwalky
I love it. It's very capable. I just saw a post about a eurorack case coming soon. Can go far beyond any of the old FM synths. Still doesn't really compare to a software vst, has some limitations, but is very well thought out and supported. Never used a digitone, never really wanted to.
bmot
That is a great question, as I am in the same situation right now. I’ll be watching this thread for any other thoughts
CexMax
thank you for your opinion, to inform you today I contacted the online store Vandaal to get information from next week will start the new production in desktop and eurorack version.
sizone
I like mine. if you're going the diy route, it's a really quick and easy build.

the patch editing software is really good, fast and easy to use. microtonal support is straight forward.

sound is....it's -real- gritty. I realize fm synthesis and lofi can be kind of hard to disambiguate, but if you want clean tones, you'd probably be better off with something else.

only real complaint I have is that the envelopes are simple adsr and they don't loop. and the 8 voice polyphony gets used up really quickly if you're using it as a multitimbrle synth.

e: other than the drums, this is all preenfm2. one take, no overdubbing necessary.

https://soundcloud.com/rid_labs/great-again-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1