MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

No stereo switches or stereo crossfaders?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author No stereo switches or stereo crossfaders?
VanEck
This is something I've been wanting for a couple years now, and the concept always seemed simple enough that I was sure someone would release one soon... but now it's 2019 and it still doesn't exist that I am aware of.

Anyone know if any manufacturers have a stereo switch or stereo crossfader module in the works? Anyone know why they don't currently exist? Too costly? Not enough demand?
euxine
Doepfer A-134-2? Aware that it doesn't allow anything fancy like setting pan law, but it's been working fine for me.
VanEck
euxine wrote:
Doepfer A-134-2? Aware that it doesn't allow anything fancy like setting pan law, but it's been working fine for me.

But that isn't stereo, just dual mono input correct? And it's just fading between the two mono input right? Appears to just be a most effective version of something like the WMD Blender... also not stereo.
0BSRVR
You could absolutely pull this off with a WMD Blender.

****Edit**** Actually no, the output is only mono.
luketeaford
So you want a way to take a pair of stereo outputs and switch that to N stereo inputs?

If you want up to two channels of 5 inputs to 2 outputs (one per channel), you could use the Verbos Sequence Selector for that? It's not bi-directional though...
damase
Seems like one of the more simple uses of Frames

Edit: sorry would need an extra mixer to combine the vca outputs
If thats the case you could just use a 4 channel vca, offset, and inversion
0BSRVR
You could build one with an MI Frames and a Malleko unity gain mixer.
mojopin
damase wrote:
you could just use a 4 channel vca, offset, and inversion

that's what I was going to say but I guess he wants a complete package. You could also use a planar but you still need to sum each side in another module.
luketeaford
The Verbos Scan and Pan can be used for this too which is cool because as you can set it up so that with inputs 1, 2, 3, 4 if you do odd numbers to left and even numbers to right, it will slowly bring in the channels as you sweep the scan (with a narrow width).
0BSRVR
You could also pull this off with a Pittsburgh switch, if you can find one that is.
euxine
VanEck wrote:
euxine wrote:

But that isn't stereo, just dual mono input correct? And it's just fading between the two mono input right? Appears to just be a most effective version of something like the WMD Blender... also not stereo.

I use it to crossfade stereo sources... the numbering is misleading but it's actually normalled to do this from a single cv source.

1a/2a is the first stereo source, 1b/2b the second.
euxine
Also if you want to get fancy, you can pair this with something like the matrixarchate for fading between more than 2 stereo sources without touching a patchcord. That's why it's in my setup.

Following from that, it means I can get a lot out of 4 input channels on my CGM mixer etc etc..
williamcarthief
I asked this a month ago:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210357&highlight=

MI Blinds would do the trick. I thought I would go that route but have decided to just use different vcas and a motovilo zsum-4.
JohnLRice
For switching I think the WMD SSM can do what you want but may be overkill? hmmm.....
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-sequential-switch-matrix-ssm
JohnLRice
And while I'm on WMD cool take a close look at the Multi Mode VCA for cross fading . . .I may be wrong on that one though . . .
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-multimode-vca
batch
Not sure if am totally understanding what you are trying to do, but I think I do this with Rebel Tech Mix04 and a bunch of envelopes. Also do it with a Vactrol Mix which I think is a hugely underrated extension to the Turing Machine and great for doing weird panning without need for envelopes.

There is also RYO Paths with 4x4 could be used to switch between two stereo inputs.

Apologies if not understanding what you are trying to do.
Dogma
cold mac
technicoloraudio
RxMx?
youkon
I'm waiting for the same in a compact package!
as well as stereo vca's for audio automation.
I'd like to have a stereo switch (clickless) for audio
and stereo vc crossfader
starthief
That new ADDAC306 and a quad VCA?
youkon
not soooo compact
Sandrine
VanEck wrote:
This is something I've been wanting for a couple years now, and the concept always seemed simple enough that I was sure someone would release one soon... but now it's 2019 and it still doesn't exist that I am aware of.

Anyone know if any manufacturers have a stereo switch or stereo crossfader module in the works? Anyone know why they don't currently exist? Too costly? Not enough demand?

Oddly enough I just made myself one of these, well it uses two knobs but same thing. 2 in's, 1 out on each channel. Perhaps nobody makes it because it's too simple and unoriginal ?

BTW you need a special pot of course with single knob or slider (Alps) with curve and shorts at center out on each side so maybe that's why? hmmm
coolshirtdotjpg
Dogma wrote:
cold mac

Yep, this is the simple answer. Cold Mac does this. Stereo in, Stereo out.

The only issue is that CM can produce clicks when being used at slower rates.
jjh
WMD SSM would be my choice (obviously, since there's one sitting in my case)
starthief
I interpreted "stereo crossfader" as two parallel mono crossfaders that sharing a single control (knob/slider/CV). 4 ins (plus a CV in) and 2 outs.

How do you patch Cold Mac to do that?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2