MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone seen this yet? Mini-Marbles!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Anyone seen this yet? Mini-Marbles!!!
The Grump
Looks SSSOOOO SSSICK! Just ordered a Smog, and it looks like I might need her sister, Cara, too!

http://www.antumbra.eu/redesign/cara
jcharney
Yes! As soon as someone starts selling builds of these, I'm on board.
cackland
I have known about this for a month or two, and whilst I really support Antumbra's work with his MI redesigns, plus originals... I find that generally modules that come across as a 'set and forget' type, the HP size is fine. As soon as there is more serious wiggling, the 9mm Tall Pots can be tricky in small spaces.

Check out: MOMO MODULAR - https://reverb.com/shop/momo-modular

They informed me that 'Cara' is in their pipeline. So watch that space!
The Grump
cackland wrote:

Yeah, that's who I just ordered my Smog from. Dude is really nice to connect with.
gentle_attack
cackland wrote:
I find that generally modules that come across as a 'set and forget' type, the HP size is fine. As soon as there is more serious wiggling, the 9mm Tall Pots can be tricky in small spaces.

I agree, if you already know the module (and know you won't need to wiggle heavily) then they can be great space savers.

I haven't used Marbles so I'm not sure about this one, but when uFrames came out, that didn't make sense to me. I'll be keeping an eye out to see what people think about this one.
Zymos
gentle_attack wrote:

I haven't used Marbles so I'm not sure about this one, but when uFrames came out, that didn't make sense to me. I'll be keeping an eye out to see what people think about this one.

That's why someone redid it with sliders. uPlancks 2 is a huge improvement.
Shakespeare
So much going on with Marbles that I can't imagine wanting it to be nearly half the size... seems like it would be really hard to work with. But if you need it small, this looks sweet.
xenus_dad
That's...a choice. It looks ok for set-and-forget applications, but completely physically unplayable. Marbles in its original form is very hands on and tweakable.
Mattman389
It's certainly great for those who want to save hp, but I sometimes already feel as if the regular module is a bit tight. Guess it's nice for those who want the option.
void23
Marbles deserves some room for wiggling ... at least on the melodic, right side. That one's just too tight for my tastes. Even on the original, I could go for a larger button on the bypass switch, something the same size as the freeze button maybe.
FrogStar
Marbles is among the most brilliant modules I’ve ever played. It changed my whole approach to patching and playing my instrument. It is very hands on, very playable, very interactive. I cannot imagine it as a set and forget module. Therefore, It’s one module I’d never, ever want smaller. Marbles earns 100% of its hp, 100% of the time. Others may feel differently, but from my POV, reducing Marbles represents a huge loss.
Nino
Why would someone buy this and not go VCV if it's about saving hp and set & forget?
lisa
Because hardware? cool
nangu
There are a few micro-Mutables that I could see having. But I just got my Marbles. and can’t imagine that one being better in a tiny form.

But maybe I’m a dinosaur. The only Mutable-based thing I have that isn’t wearing official paisley-panel art is Supercell. I really like the idea of making Mutable modules bigger..
Buyakasoundman
I’m of the same mind as most on here; Marbles is more instrument than sequencer and requires wiggling. In fact Marbles is the one MI module I would never want minified.
FrogStar
I’m looking forward to the day when some of the very creative people working on secondary, open-source projects will improve the base module rather than just miniaturize it. For instance, with Marbles, it’d be great if someone developed a product/firmware that allowed for precise octave and key transposition. I use O&C for that now.
The Grump
Nino wrote:
Why would someone buy this and not go VCV if it's about saving hp and set & forget?
There are some very important functions that are accessed by hold a button and turning a knob simultaneously with hold a button. Such a task cannot be accomplished, in VCV Rack, currently. Perhaps in version 1.0 it will be possible.
dooj88
Zymos
FrogStar wrote:
I’m looking forward to the day when some of the very creative people working on secondary, open-source projects will improve the base module rather than just miniaturize it. For instance, with Marbles, it’d be great if someone developed a product/firmware that allowed for precise octave and key transposition. I use O&C for that now.

That has already happened with Clouds (at least 2 separate versions), Peaks, and I think Rings.

And that's just hardware, not even counting alternate firmwares.
cackland
FrogStar wrote:

SuperCell
Nino
The Grump wrote:
Nino wrote:
There are some very important functions that are accessed by hold a button and turning a knob simultaneously with hold a button. Such a task cannot be accomplished, in VCV Rack, currently. Perhaps in version 1.0 it will be possible.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks. Also turning 2 (or more) knobs at the same time seems impossible in VCV (for now?).
DonKartofflo
YEAH BRUH SOOO SICK how they abuse a cc-by-sa license.
Nino
This panel layout shows just how good the original Marbles design is.

Here the module seems super complex and way too packed with functions and possibilities. Wow. Technically this probably is some good work, everything fits into 10hp. I can respect that. But i couldn't work with this. Even to just set&forget this i needed a lot of time and concentration.
The Grump
Nino wrote:
The Grump wrote:
Nino wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks. Also turning 2 (or more) knobs at the same time seems impossible in VCV (for now?).

Technically yes, but you can map midi CC's to CV's and twist multiple knobs simultaneously on your controller to your heart's content. And...if you get slick with the Snake module from Southpole, you can set up whole banks of assignments so that you don't need to constantly repatch during a performance.
dashwood
The Grump wrote:
cackland wrote:

Yeah, that's who I just ordered my Smog from. Dude is really nice to connect with.

+1 - Recently ordered something from MOMO shipped to the U.K - The guy is super helpful with v reasonable prices.

cackland wrote:

gentle_attack wrote:

That's why someone redid it with sliders. uPlancks 2 is a huge improvement.

I'm waiting on a uPlancks 2, the original uPlancks didn't interest me at all, way too fiddly for the type of module Frames is, but the 2 looks perfect !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2