MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Velocity output issue in Reason (w/ both RE & VST of SW
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Velocity output issue in Reason (w/ both RE & VST of SW
DJMaytag
Based on another thread, I’m going to go ahead and post this, as I’m not 100% sure if this is bug on your end or something that may have happened with a Reason update to 10.x.

I’d have to load up Reason 9.5 (if I can) to verify, but I’m 100% sure I didn’t have this issue previously:

Something is causing both the Silent Way RE & VST (2.7.2) to output full scale velocity and hang at that full value. I’ve been going over the software manual and I can’t see anything that I’ve not set that would be causing this, so something has either changed in the SW software (not likely) or something has changed in Reason 10 in how it’s handling MIDI.

That said, I may have run out of resources to test this beyond what I’ve been able to confirm (that it’s not just the RE, but velocity output on the VST as well).

Os? Anyone else seeing this???
os
Just to clarify, the problem with the VST is in Reason only? Or all DAWs?
DJMaytag
os wrote:

I’ll fire up Cubase today and see if the issue is happening on there too, but no... me and one other user have confirmed that the RE and VST are having the same issue in Reason.

However, one commonality in our setups is RME interfaces (Digiface USB for me, UFX for the other guy), so it’s quite possible that the issue is in Reason or something in our RME Total Mix routing software. I don’t think I asked the other guy what OS he’s on (MacOS Sierra and Reason 10.2.2 for me).
kresbeatz
os wrote:

Just double checked everything. I have no problem with VST in Reason, but I have problem with RE. So, basically, IMO as we thought it is just a bug in RE version.
DJMaytag
Double check that you’re using output 6, not 4, as I noted in the other topic.
kresbeatz
DJMaytag wrote:
Double check that you’re using output 6, not 4, as I noted in the other topic.

Yes, of course I checked it. VST is working, RE is not.
DJMaytag
I think I figured out the issue I was having with the VST, where I was trying to output to the main ES-3 outputs (1-6) but a wonky output may have been causing a short, throwing off EVERYTHING in my system.

Now that I've got that sorted out, it appears as if there is indeed a difference between the VST and the RE. If this is the case, this might be the nail in the coffin for the RE, now that I've figured out how to use the SW Trigger VST to output drum triggers to my Eurorack drums.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1