thomas henry magic smoke sheboygan vco

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, lisa, Joe.

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:48 pm

we have uncovered a small stash of PCBs and Bridechamber MOTM panels for the TH Magic Smoke Sheboygan VCO... :yay: :yay: :yay:

however unless Magic Smoke magically re-surfaces, or TH can be persuaded to move the rights away from Magic Smoke and to someone else (Fonik?) these may be the last of their kind :despair: :despair: :despair:

the last ones we have are listed on our store, in full kit and pcb+panel+bracket bundles... we hope these find a good home on someone's MOTM system!

magic smoke sheboygan motm

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2SynthCube

synthcube webstore www.synthcube.com/cart
music from outer space: www.musicfromouterspace.com
blacet research: www.blacet.com
MOTM DIY Analog Synthesizers: www.motmsynthesizers.com
music from outer space euro smt: www.mfoseuro.com

diophantine
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by diophantine » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Oh, is Magic Smoke MIA?

I saw these on your site a couple weeks ago, which inspired me to look at the Magic Smoke page again & the different TH PCBs.

I have & enjoy all of Thomas' books (except for the recent-ish PICAXE one, which didn't seem relevant to pick up), but have never got around to building any of his designs...

davebr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by davebr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:46 am

I did an evaluation of this PCB back in 2011 and documented it on my website. I've used this VCO quite a bit since then. I did find a lot of crosstalk in the noise and isolated the negative supply to solve it. Later I discovered you can eliminate the negative supply completely. I don't know if this mod was ever incorporated into the PCB. Photos and my panel design are at TH-101 “Sheboygan” 566-based VCO Module

Dave

Return to “5U Format Modules”