MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

thomas henry magic smoke sheboygan vco
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author thomas henry magic smoke sheboygan vco
synthcube
we have uncovered a small stash of PCBs and Bridechamber MOTM panels for the TH Magic Smoke Sheboygan VCO... applause applause applause

however unless Magic Smoke magically re-surfaces, or TH can be persuaded to move the rights away from Magic Smoke and to someone else (Fonik?) these may be the last of their kind seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it

the last ones we have are listed on our store, in full kit and pcb+panel+bracket bundles... we hope these find a good home on someone's MOTM system!

magic smoke sheboygan motm

diophantine
Oh, is Magic Smoke MIA?

I saw these on your site a couple weeks ago, which inspired me to look at the Magic Smoke page again & the different TH PCBs.

I have & enjoy all of Thomas' books (except for the recent-ish PICAXE one, which didn't seem relevant to pick up), but have never got around to building any of his designs...
davebr
I did an evaluation of this PCB back in 2011 and documented it on my website. I've used this VCO quite a bit since then. I did find a lot of crosstalk in the noise and isolated the negative supply to solve it. Later I discovered you can eliminate the negative supply completely. I don't know if this mod was ever incorporated into the PCB. Photos and my panel design are at TH-101 “Sheboygan” 566-based VCO Module

Dave
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1