MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bastl GrandPa sample exchange
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Bastl GrandPa sample exchange
Sciamano
Hello everyone!
I've just finished to fill up a sd card for samples compatible with GrandPa granular synthesizer. I do them with Audacity, so that I can set the correct format: 16bit PCM, 22050 Hz, mono.

It's quite boring to go through this process, so I came up with the idea of creating this thread so anyone who wants to share his library for this cool module can expand his collection GrandPa compatible samples from other people.

My sample pack contains random drum breaks, windows sounds, vocals, guitars, saxophones, grooves ecc...

***UPDATE***
I've noticed that Audacity screwed some of the file in the sample pack, mentioned above, so I re-uploaded it with more or less the same samples.
gonzohj
Awesome idea!!

Here I leave the adapted samples from QuBit Nebulae....
gonzohj
...and a series of vocals
Sciamano
gonzohj
Thank you! nanners
Sciamano
I did a MATLAB script that reads all the .wav files in the folder where the script is located, and converts all of them into GrandPa format.

If the number of files to convert exceed the maximum number of samples allowed for the GrandPa, only the maximum number of allowed samples is converted.

If the files are less than the maximum number of samples allowed, the script converts them all.
Sciamano
.... and this is a collection of samples I did to test the script....

It's a collection of classic jungle breaks and some Windows OS sounds
brawnywynn
Hi Sciamano, Do you mind sharing the matlab code?

thanks,

Matt
Sciamano
brawnywynn
I did it, there's the code in the zip file called GrandPaFormatter, just two messages above.
gonzohj
That is super useful!!

Really appreciate the time you took to code it!
the
In return I leave here a series of one shots I just converted out of the "Converse Sample Library" of a band called Jeff the Brotherhood. I found them quite cool when mangled through the Grandpa...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1