MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting Mk4 MIDI Breakout headers connection
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting Mk4 MIDI Breakout headers connection
freemod
Hello, please need just a confirmation on this
In order to connect properly the disting and its MIDI breakout, must the red stripe match the Pin 1 on the disting pcb?
There's a misnaming as well, what is referred as GT2 on the disting pcb is named GT1 on the breakout pcb (where there's also an 8 pin wider header called GT2!). The cable is 8 pin as well but smaller width (matching the 4 pin header). The breakout assembly instructions show a picture clarifying that only one row of the cable is in use, but I want to be sure to connect properly on both sides... if the red stripe on the breakout is set as shown on the assembly instructions (not matching the pin labelled n°1 on the breakout), to what side of the header must it correspond on the disting pcb? I had ordered the modules on september and they just arrived yesterday, I don't want to connect the wrong way, you know! Thanks a lot.
os
Pin 1 on the breakout should match pin 1 on the disting. So if you have the cable as in the breakout instructions, the red stripe at the disting would be on pin 4.
freemod
thanks a lot for the quick reply
Is the new firmware already charged?
os
Not sure what you mean by that.
freemod
the disting has been out of stock for months on Gear4Music, it was available again one week ago and has been shipped yesterday to me, so I suppose that it has already been updated to the new firmware, is it right? Or do I have to perform the firmware update?
os
You'll need to check when you receive it.
freemod
thanks
Guinness ftw!
freemod
I have started the Firmware Update procedure and it goes straight to Success bypassing Confirm step. After reboot the vs is 4.8
The SD card is ExFat file system formatted (from Mac)
thanks for help
os
It needs to be FAT32 (aka MS-DOS FAT) not ExFAT.
freemod
thanks
vjhash
do i need to connect also the 2nd ribbon cable on the expander to a power source?
os
No.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1