MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Strymon ... Echorec? Volante!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New Strymon ... Echorec? Volante!
tremolo3


Original post here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsa29qdhV1L/?utm_source=ig_embed
Jason Brock
More pics. Seems cool. And expensive.



Sinamsis
Interesting. I thought euro at first. But clearly not.
Rex Coil 7
I've got a DECO and a Blue Sky. Shit's bitchin!

Especially that DECO, it really funks up teh Moog.

visible cow
A looper? hmmm.....
JohnLRice
Jason Brock wrote:

hmmm..... So the device's name is Volante! A Spanish word that means "steering wheel"? hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it lol
lasesentaysiete
JohnLRice wrote:
hmmm..... So the device's name is Volante! A Spanish word that means "steering wheel"? hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it lol


volante is also an adjective derived from "volar" (to fly), so basically "flying".
JohnLRice
lasesentaysiete wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
hmmm..... So the device's name is Volante! A Spanish word that means "steering wheel"? hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it lol


volante is also an adjective derived from "volar" (to fly), so basically "flying".
thumbs up
suboptimal
I'm certainly interested, especially if it's a looper. The looper marketplace is full of holes.
Moog$FooL$
suboptimal wrote:
I'm certainly interested, especially if it's a looper. The looper marketplace is full of holes.



what this ^ fine person said!!! thumbs up
tremolo3
Volante is also another word for "flyer", here in Mexico at least.
JohnLRice
Watching live:
https://www.facebook.com/strymon/videos/1967364300224395/
suboptimal
So it's a flight simulator!!!1
suthnear
https://www.strymon.net/products/volante/
blinosynth
Another delay?? I wish they comed up with a reverb pedal or eurorack module
a100user
blinosynth wrote:
Another delay?? I wish they comed up with a reverb pedal or eurorack module


It has a spring reverb of sorts as well smile
cackland
Challenger for the Timeline?
Futuresound
cackland wrote:
Challenger for the Timeline?


I don't think so. Timeline offers many more delay types, whereas Volante is focussed on 'vintage' delay types, with the obvious intent of having 'warm', thick, syrupy tones.
thevegasnerve
I love the idea of this pedal, feels like it could work well as a performance pedal live. The looper really makes it appealing as its one thing I still need more
capabilities. Probably the most excited I have been for a Strymon since the El Capistan..
cackland
Futuresound wrote:
cackland wrote:
Challenger for the Timeline?


I don't think so. Timeline offers many more delay types, whereas Volante is focussed on 'vintage' delay types, with the obvious intent of having 'warm', thick, syrupy tones.


Yes, I thought this too however wanted to see if anyone agreed with that
JohnLRice
blinosynth wrote:
Another delay?? I wish they comed up with a reverb pedal or eurorack module
I'm thinking they might have another product of two to announce but they are waiting a few days, a week or until NAMM to announce more so each product can get ample attention on it's own? hmmm.....
suboptimal
This looks great. I could see making this a permanent resident in an aux loop. Looks like a nice destination for MIDI from the Digitakt, too.

It's a strange omission that their page doesn't include a separate blurb addressing its looping capabilities.

I'm always pretty skeptical of digital spring reverbs, but I'm willing to give Strymon a chance. Looking forward to hearing some synth uses.

Edit: $399 isn't such a bad price, either.
Chevron87
I have a Timeline but this looks very interesting to me.
dubonaire
suboptimal wrote:
This looks great. I could see making this a permanent resident in an aux loop. Looks like a nice destination for MIDI from the Digitakt, too.

It's a strange omission that their page doesn't include a separate blurb addressing its looping capabilities.

I'm always pretty skeptical of digital spring reverbs, but I'm willing to give Strymon a chance. Looking forward to hearing some synth uses.

Edit: $399 isn't such a bad price, either.


The reverb sounded OK to me. Did you watch the Peter Celi video? Actually, I think Peter Celi does the best gear videos around. I enjoy just listening to them. He really vibes with the gear.

I can also see me getting this, it's really well thought out. The playback head buttons are an excellent feature.
taylor12k
looks like the looping is addressed under the "sound on sound" section. it doesn't seem like a full overdubbing looper.. but more a "capture the delays that are currently happening" and loop that.. but with no ability to overdub punch in/out such as on a dedicated looper.... i could be (and hope that i am) wrong though...

suboptimal wrote:
This looks great. I could see making this a permanent resident in an aux loop. Looks like a nice destination for MIDI from the Digitakt, too.

It's a strange omission that their page doesn't include a separate blurb addressing its looping capabilities.

I'm always pretty skeptical of digital spring reverbs, but I'm willing to give Strymon a chance. Looking forward to hearing some synth uses.

Edit: $399 isn't such a bad price, either.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group