MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any 5U showing at NAMM 2019?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Any 5U showing at NAMM 2019?
synthetic
I assume Moog might have some, and the Moog Foundation announced they’ll have some vintage systems. Is anyone like Moon, COTK, MOS-LAB, Synth-Werk, etc. making it to NAMM? I’d like to check out some big stuff. Considering a MU system again.
JohnLRice
Hi,

Unfortunately Moon and COTK aren't going to have a booth this year at NAMM and NoiseBug isn't either. I haven't heard anything about MOS-LAB or Synth-Werk but I've never know them to go to NAMM.

Probably the only 5U to see besides the Moog stuff will be at STG's booth and Noise Engineering might have a couple modules to show:

If you aren't normally in the LA Area, while you are in town you could give NoiseBug a call to see if they will be open? They have lots of large format gear in the store! thumbs up
https://www.noisebug.net/

And, if you are going to SynthPlex at the end of March in Burbank Noisebug is going to have a big booth there are will likely be focusing on 5U and Buchla formats.
Rex Coil 7
JohnLRice wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately.....
Boo! Pffft ... well that's a suck.

sad banana
synthetic
JohnLRice wrote:
Probably the only 5U to see besides the Moog stuff will be at STG's booth and Noise Engineering might have a couple modules to show:

Cool, I'll check those out.

Quote:
If you aren't normally in the LA Area, while you are in town you could give NoiseBug a call to see if they will be open? They have lots of large format gear in the store! thumbs up
https://www.noisebug.net/

I am in the LA area but Pomona ≠ LA. I'll check it out sometime.

Quote:
And, if you are going to SynthPlex at the end of March in Burbank Noisebug is going to have a big booth there are will likely be focusing on 5U and Buchla formats.

I hadn't planned but I might check it out, thanks.
JohnLRice
synthetic wrote:
I am in the LA area but Pomona ≠ LA. I'll check it out sometime.
hihi Yeah, for someone who lives in LA, Pomona is like an hours drive away on average? I was thinking that for someone who might be coming to NAMM from the other side of the country etc that Pomona would be relatively close if they wanted to see a lot of 5U. cool

synthetic wrote:
Quote:

I hadn't planned but I might check it out, thanks.

Here's a link for anyone interested in SynthPlex. I just confirmed this week that I'll be going and working the NoiseBug booth. w00t
https://www.synthplex.com/
synthetic
More like 2 hours, more from Anaheim depending on time of day. This is Los Angeles.
JohnLRice
synthetic wrote:
More like 2 hours, more from Anaheim depending on time of day. This is Los Angeles.
Ahh, OK, thanks! thumbs up I'm not from there and the only time I've made the drive is like somewhere between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday night after NAMM, and I was just riding so, it seemed like an hour or so. oops
hsosdrum
synthetic wrote:

Looking at the CalTrans map right now (1:30pm), I could make it from Anaheim to Noisebug in less than an hour. But the closer you get to rush hour* the more your travel time begins to increase exponentially.

Driving is always a crapshoot here — That's part of L.A.'s charm. very frustrating

*In reality, "rush hour" is the 3 hours between 7am and 10am and the 4 hours between 4pm and 8pm.
hsosdrum
JohnLRice wrote:
Here's a link for anyone interested in SynthPlex. I just confirmed this week that I'll be going and working the NoiseBug booth. w00t

John: I wasn't sure if I was going to go to Synthplex, but now that I know you'll be there I'll definitely stop by to say "hi"!
JohnLRice
hsosdrum wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

John: I wasn't sure if I was going to go to Synthplex, but now that I know you'll be there I'll definitely stop by to say "hi"!
Sweet, it will be good to meet you! This is fun!
kcd06
In Arizona or Las Vegas, "its a dry heat" that makes you miserable. In LA, its not the distance you have to travel, but the number of freeways you have to use--and if any of them are the 10, 410 or 5, just dont bother.

That said, visiting Noisebug in old Pomona (look for the repurposed Brutalist bank building/nuclear bunker) might be preferable to dealing with foot and vehicular traffic near the downtown area regardless of how many mfg are at NAMM. Certainly quieter.
diophantine
Don't forget the 405! So named because you'l be driving "4 Or 5" miles an hour...

SynthPlex looks interesting; I put it on my calendar and will take a closer look when I get paid next week. ;-)

And if you go to NoiseBug, grab lunch at El Buen Gusto a few blocks away - amazing pupusas!
synthetic
If anyone goes to Noisebug, take a picture of all the toys w00t
JohnLRice
synthetic wrote:
If anyone goes to Noisebug, take a picture of all the toys w00t
Have you seen this recent walk through video? cool 5U appears at about 14:30
synthetic
John was indeed at Synthplex! Good to meet you IRL
JohnLRice
synthetic wrote:
John was indeed at Synthplex! Good to meet you IRL
Likewise! SlayerBadger!