MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Static shock?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Static shock?
userfriendly
So I've just noticed when I go from my computer over to my modular I'm getting a small shock when I touch my eurorack case. Once I discharge its fine. Any ideas?
JohnLRice
Sounds like just static buildup? Just touch something wood first, like a desk, door, or wall etc. as it will dissipate the charge in a way that you wont feel it. If that doesn't work then you may have a different problem?
Notron fn
Also a sign of low humidity.

High humidity is bad for gear, but the right amount is best for guitars and your lungs.

Hopefully the designer of your gear paid attention to the pitfalls of electro static discharge.

I’m super careful around my Notron
ege.gonul
Connect all instruments (including laptop charger) from the same single wall outlet.This solved my problem.
Blairio
When I'm working with electronics sensitive to static electricity, I keep 'Toots' the cat outside the room. This follows an incident when she brushed against me as I loaded an eeprom into an old synth, wiping the eeprom in the process.

I should have had an earthing strap on - lesson learned.
felixer
may have been the synthetic carpet. those are a great source of static.
acidbob
Could be that your euro setup or computer is floating, maybe you dont have earth connection in the mains?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1