MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Had a nightmare!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Had a nightmare!
ncoded
That I forgot everything I had learned about how to work modules.

Fortunately I awoke!
lisa
I had a dream about my family dying and it being my fault.. so, yeah.

wink
starthief
I dreamed I got my ER-301, but forgot all the basics of synthesis and couldn't patch anything cool.

lisa wrote:

Those are the worst.

Also the one where I'm in a hotel elevator, the doors open and it's all just steel beams and precarious wood planks 100 stories up, and I turn around and there's an empty elevator shaft behind me.

Also the one where I'm on a plastic tricycle in sand dunes, trying to escape an evil giant snake. I'm 47 and I like snakes... very frustrating
ncoded
starthief wrote:
I dreamed I got my ER-301, but forgot all the basics of synthesis and couldn't patch anything cool.

lisa wrote:

Those are the worst.

Also the one where I'm in a hotel elevator, the doors open and it's all just steel beams and precarious wood planks 100 stories up, and I turn around and there's an empty elevator shaft behind me.

Also the one where I'm on a plastic tricycle in sand dunes, trying to escape an evil giant snake. I'm 47 and I like snakes... very frustrating

weird! I had one when I was a kid about concorde (the nose cone full size) chasing me down my parent's house corridors!
hermbot
ncoded wrote:

Fortunately I awoke!

Wouldn't that be kind of great, though? It raises interesting questions. Would you arrive a the same place as you were before, eventually, or would approaching the concepts as a beginner again result in you ending up in a different place artistically? What kind of preconceived notions would stop being a barrier? Would your music sound the same?
UnusualCallBox
hermbot wrote:
ncoded wrote:

Fortunately I awoke!

Wouldn't that be kind of great, though? It raises interesting questions. Would you arrive a the same place as you were before, eventually, or would approaching the concepts as a beginner again result in you ending up in a different place artistically? What kind of preconceived notions would stop being a barrier? Would your music sound the same?

Probably not. Once you start over, no matter how hard you try, you won't get the same patch. Your music would probably sound very similar, but slight temporal changes and events would definitely have an effect.

But I agree, a fresh restart sounds refreshing. Sounds more like a dream than a nightmare.
Rex Coil 7
lisa wrote:

wink
Ouch! That was a rough one. When we sleep there's nothing to keep our minds under at least a little under control. During sleep our brains have free run with us (almost like our minds become unsupervised children and have the freedom to have a little party so to speak). Sometimes it makes a complete mess in our absence ... as in dreaming about horrific things.

Wow, that was quite a ride your mind took you on. Stuff like that can linger for hours, days, months, even years.

I have such horrific, violent, gory, nightmares that are so vivid that when I wake I feel as though I actually lived them. I take a little medication given to me by our Veterans Administration that makes me forget the nightmares. I still have them, it's just that the memory of them fades to mist a few minutes after I wake up. This is typical of severe PTSD ... an unfortunate reality for many people.

Still, the whole family dying and it being your fault .... talk about feelings of major guilt placed on your shoulders! That had to be a whopper!

waah
ncoded
UnusualCallBox wrote:
hermbot wrote:
ncoded wrote:

Fortunately I awoke!

Probably not. Once you start over, no matter how hard you try, you won't get the same patch. Your music would probably sound very similar, but slight temporal changes and events would definitely have an effect.

But I agree, a fresh restart sounds refreshing. Sounds more like a dream than a nightmare.

yh I get what your saying. was probably more annoyed cos I'm a bit of a noob so am just feeling like I'm getting traction!
magneteyez
Have this with the not-so-straightforward gear which I haven’t used for a while. Feels like starting over again.
mousegarden
I had a nightmare that I'd actually become part of the Muffwiggler site, like Tron.....am I still asleep? that is the question...

Dead Banana
moremagic
starthief wrote:
Also the one where I'm in a hotel elevator, the doors open and it's all just steel beams and precarious wood planks 100 stories up, and I turn around and there's an empty elevator shaft behind me
~ h ~ e ~ a ~ v ~ e ~ n ~
Jerome
I had a dream about knowing how to use every modules properly.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1