MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do you what knobs are used on Arturia BeatStep Pro?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Do you what knobs are used on Arturia BeatStep Pro?
batchas
Anyone know where to find the same knobs as on the Arturia BSP? Or the reference?
I had no luck seeking for keywords on internet. I thought I'd ask here before asking Arturia directly.
Black would be perfect, but grey will do if no black.
cackland
Do you need to purchase replacement knobs or are you looking for larger quantities for DIY?
Plugler
batchas wrote:
Anyone know where to find the same knobs as on the Arturia BSP? Or the reference?
I had no luck seeking for keywords on internet. I thought I'd ask here before asking Arturia directly.
Black would be perfect, but grey will do if no black.


Don't know, if this is the same as in Arturia BSP, but it's the only solution, I could find for DIY:

http://mayhewlabs.com/news/new-product-touch-sensitive-rotary-encoder
batchas
Plugler wrote:
Don't know, if this is the same as in Arturia BSP, but it's the only solution, I could find for DIY

Thanx Plugler thumbs up
I'm looking for the knobs, not the pots. Nevertheless the link you posted looks very interesting and gives me actually some ideas.
batchas
cackland wrote:
Do you need to purchase replacement knobs or are you looking for larger quantities for DIY?

I need to find 20 knobs, same amount as on the BSP itself.
Sandrine
Yes they are touch sensitive so probably have some sort of carbonized rubber in them...possibly manufactured exclusively for them.
I love those knobs too! Please post back if you find out anything thumbs up
cackland
A simple search has resulted in this: Lot of 40

https://reverb.com/item/4883143-arturia-knob-replacement-lot-of-40?gcl id=EAIaIQobChMI5JrWztHm3wIVch-tBh15eQybEAQYAiABEgINaPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s&pla=1
papz
Despite the price, the BeatSteps don't seem included lol
Sandrine
cackland wrote:
A simple search has resulted in this: Lot of 40

https://reverb.com/item/4883143-arturia-knob-replacement-lot-of-40?gcl id=EAIaIQobChMI5JrWztHm3wIVch-tBh15eQybEAQYAiABEgINaPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s&pla=1


Holy crap that's 10$ per knob OMG ha ha! (CAD)
It would almost be cheaper to just buy BSP's lol
cackland
papz wrote:
Despite the price, the BeatSteps don't seem included lol


wink
TheMentat
papz wrote:
Despite the price, the BeatSteps don't seem included lol


OMG... I should part mine out instead of trying to sell it whole! hihi
Chrutil
cackland wrote:
A simple search has resulted in this: Lot of 40

https://reverb.com/item/4883143-arturia-knob-replacement-lot-of-40?gcl id=EAIaIQobChMI5JrWztHm3wIVch-tBh15eQybEAQYAiABEgINaPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s&pla=1


Woah... If it's the same as on the Arturia MiniLab you can get a used MiniLab for something like $30 and it includes 16 knobs...
batchas
cackland wrote:
A simple search has resulted in this

Thanx a lot for helping thumbs up
Yeah I saw this. Unfortunately it's the only result I coud find.
But I don't buy on Reverb website and this kind of price is simply ridiculous anyway.

I am trying to find an alternative to Large Soft Encoder (D-shaft 12mm). I bought some I thought good as alternative but they were too short. Maybe it'd be easier to search for encoder pots which have shorter threads!

These Arturia knobs are 1 or 2 mm less large which is perfect for my needs.

BTW I don't think the touch sensitive thing is related to the knobs too. It looks like it is only related to the pot.
batchas
Sandrine wrote:
I love those knobs too! Please post back if you find out anything thumbs up

I sent a message to Arturia yesterday. I'll report back when (if) I get an answer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group