MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland 808/202 4 Pos Slide Switch?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Roland 808/202 4 Pos Slide Switch?
Sunshine Jones

I'm restoring an MC-202 today. Got the horrible battery acid explosion all cleaned up, and let it dry for 24 hours before voltage.

I'm delighted and actually pretty surprised that it's mostly working really well. Sounds great.

Here are the faults I've found:

The A100K VCF Mod Pot is bad
S2018P405-100K(A)
Roland Part # 13339328
(to explore the surrounding components, but probably need to replace the pot.)

The 4 position range selector is bad
SQPR24-12P
Roland Part # 13159503
(it's bad, needs to be replaced.)

I see that Syntaur sell the A100K pots, but I am having a devil of a time sourcing the SQPR24-12P. It's the same part on the 808, but I can't find one for sale.

There ARE many 4 position slide switch pots on eBay etc. But I've impulse bought those so many times, and waited the 3 weeks for them to arrive only to be immediately disappointed in either the size or the quality.

Does anyone know more about these parts for better sourcing?
ronski
Don't know of a good source apart from regular places like mouser, rs components and TME. One tip tho to prevent disappointments after ordering wrong sized parts, look thoroughly at the datasheet of the part to check exact dimensions.
Sunshine Jones
ronski wrote:
Don't know of a good source apart from regular places like mouser, rs components and TME. One tip tho to prevent disappointments after ordering wrong sized parts, look thoroughly at the datasheet of the part to check exact dimensions.

Absolutely... I've already learned this by making a few mistakes. It's tough to determine the correct part with certain manufacturers for me, as the service notes state a proprietary part number, and don't provide the specs for the part.

So I'm left looking for parts reported to be correct. Looking for similar things on Mouser has been very disappointing.

Live and learn.
Jaytee
When it comes to something like a switch, you should be able to infer the specifications from the schematics and comparing them with the actual board/components using your multimeter. Once you figure out the pinout, grab a set of calipers and measure the original part. That should be all the information you need to find a match from a datasheet.

Now, as to whether a replacement part is available off-the-shelf is a different matter...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1