MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Easel from Buchla USA...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New Easel from Buchla USA...
chorus7
Just saw this up on FB... I can spot anything different other than the case?

Here is what the caption is...

“There are five ways that the 2019 Music Easel differs from the previous Easel iteration.
Can you spot them?”

captnapalm
I spy red vinyl surround.
B&A on the panel insted of BEMI.
And the knobs went back to Selcos.
Dark colored frets?
djs
no more hot glue gun?
papz
It comes calibrated and quality controlled ?
sempervirent
Interesting to see B&A on the panel, wonder if "Buchla USA" was a temporary framework for things.
BananaPlug
I'd feel more comfortable without the big "Steal Me" logo on the front of the case but maybe I'm just paranoid. eek!
Fuzz
BananaPlug wrote:
I'd feel more comfortable without the big "Steal Me" logo on the front of the case but maybe I'm just paranoid. eek!

hihi I like your thinking. They should have gone with "Roadkill Inside."
Siren
BananaPlug wrote:

That was my first thought too, then again I’m definitely paranoid.
mutierend
My BEMI Easel had Selcos. Just fyi.
natureclubcassettes
papz wrote:

zing!
bwhittington
Fuzz wrote:
BananaPlug wrote:

hihi I like your thinking. They should have gone with "Roadkill Inside."

"Urine Samples"
ArguZ
Hi guys,

delighted to see you are revamping the cool one smile

I am fiddling with a 218 here and i noticed some shortcomings that could be addressed during a re-design.
My biggest one is that the note CV output of my 218 is not buffered.
So if one puts a 218e in a rack or even tries to play another converter the pitch voltage drops drastically.
On some inputs i found up to 400mV, so 4 half notes.
The e modules appear to be input buffered with voltage followers but here i also saw 20-80mV drop.
That results in a less western and more arabic kind of pitch , so it is very hard to play something precise with it.
I will move the feedback of the output opAmp to fix mine, but i wanted to bring it up in case you wanted to look into it too.
Portabella
papz wrote:

applause lol
captnapalm
mutierend wrote:

yes, the BEMIs originally had Selcos, but later models had Rogans, hence 'back to Selcos' This is fun!
Neovintage
papz wrote:

applause applause
Trop bon, tu m'as tué.
mutierend
captnapalm wrote:
mutierend wrote:

yes, the BEMIs originally had Selcos, but later models had Rogans, hence 'back to Selcos' This is fun!

Weird. I bought mine new from Noisebug in August 2017.
Fuzz
mutierend wrote:
captnapalm wrote:
mutierend wrote:

Weird. I bought mine new from Noisebug in August 2017.

I think they sold the Easel with Rogans for about 6 months or so starting in the middle of 2016. So you just missed them.
Buchla U.S.A.
chorus7 and captnapalm pretty much covered it!

There is also the "both" setting now being labelled on the control switch. The 218 keyboard is indeed different... gone are the troublesome plastic frets and their glue. What's more, they've been replaced with added grounding.

And yes, Easels have had Selcos for a number of years, now.

ArguZ, that issue has been noted.

papz... no one likes a Grumpy Gus! One of the first steps pursued by Buchla U.S.A. was the implementation of quality control, as well as a number of other checks and balances. Of course, there's always room for improvement, and we're still working hard to improve.

Thanks to everyone for their interest!
mutierend
I've been wanting a LEM218 for a while. Looks like I'll wait a bit and see how the new 218 turns out.
chorus7
Buchla U.S.A. thanks for the info thumbs up
darcmorcel
Still... the initial price of 4000$ was attractive, but since it's now a thousand more, even with improved quality control and details I can't see myself taking a second chance at it waah
mousegarden
What? You mean my BEMI Easel isn't a Buchla????

hmmm.....
Knarzwaltz
What was so troublesome with the frets? I kinda liked them both on original and BEMI.

And when you change the case..why the hell not include a compartment for the powersupply and cables/sjortings? .....theres a lot of air under the 218....and even under the boats....

Quality control.. awesome... although its kinda weird that have to be said. and grounding fix, great!

Did se the new Buchla labelled shorting bars ..although dont really understand why..... is not new Tinijax more important?

Whats new on the inside 208?
ben_hex
Hoping to get cosy with a new easel this year, great to see the new Buchla pushing quality control as an initial priority.
Umcorps
ben_hex wrote:
Hoping to get cosy with a new easel this year, great to see the new Buchla pushing quality control as an initial priority.

Add a budget for Papz 208 Toolbox. Indispensable.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3