MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RF modulation for old TVs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author RF modulation for old TVs?
tau_seti
I want to hook up an RF modulator to my vidiot so I can output to a 1970s black and white (5” Panasonic) TV. If the TV works (it should), is there any issue I might face? Any RF modulator? Only the old flat antenna inputs on the back.
tau_seti
Well, I bought the TV so we will find out!!!!
FetidEye
from RCA to RF :works. I used to do this (with my vj setup), back in the days.
There were these "game console to TV " converters.

show us a picture / video if you get it working!
tau_seti
Used to use an RF modulator with my VIC-20, which by coincidence is operating again.
tau_seti
Bought a Cimple & co rf modulator from amazon plus an adapter for the 300ohm terminals on the set back. Found a coax cable in the basement and it worked fine. Image is from a Micca Speck media player.
FetidEye
retro chique!
Branko
Dang that is rad as hell!
tau_seti
For a Blade Runner viewing party of all things. Wanted to have a few cheap props and figured I could repurpose this. Too bad the battery is gone although there is a 12V input so it would be easy enough to make portable again.

This thing really seems like it should be brought out to the beach or a mountain top along with a case of beer and a ton of reefer to watch a ball game in the 70s.
kf6gpe
OMG. That’s exactly the Panasonic portable TV my parents had when I was a kid for us to get the news when the electricity was out. I didn’t think I’d ever see one again!
tau_seti
Plenty on eBay!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1