MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

God's Box - Loose Fruit - Anyone build this yet?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author God's Box - Loose Fruit - Anyone build this yet?
cosmichotdog
This is the second module I've built. The first being electrosmith four pole LPF which was a quick and easy build. Very well put together kit and sounds great.

Just finished putting in 6 hours putting loose fruit together. Followed instructions pretty painstakingly and used the right tools and solder. I've just plugged it in and it ..... kinda works.

The left channel only expresses three states of wavefolding, rather than the ten expected. The normaled connections are all functioning correctly. The right channel expresses all ten states of wavefolding. The xfader portion works correctly too. The one other thing that doesn't seem right is the thresh knob doesn't seem to change the output of the right channel. Changing the thresh CV knob does .... a little bit, with an active CV input of course.

Anyways just checking in to see if anyone else has built this and what their experience was. Any expert builders wanna chime in any advice?
Naenyn
Maybe try the DIY forum..?

Moved to the DIY forum - Joe.
templar
cosmichotdog

can you post some pictures of your build? I've built a couple of these - both working as expected.
cosmichotdog
templar wrote:
cosmichotdog

can you post some pictures of your build? I've built a couple of these - both working as expected.

Wow, I feel a little foolish. Made a newb mistake and rushed at the finish line. Didnt solder the pots in question!

Now the left channel and thresh of channel two work.

templar

Quick question about the thresh knob on the right channel. All the way to the left output sounds unaltered. As pot is turned CW the high freq end gets louder and then around 4 o'clock position reaches a max,and then drops suddenly to no highs, almost as if pot was fully CCW. Is this normal behavior?

Really happy with the module regardless. Suprised there isnt more info/videos about it.
templar
Sounds like your are thinking about it backwards

With the threshhold pot fully CW then the input sound is unaltered, as you move it counter-clockwise the shaper starts to bite into the signal, this starts to happen when the LED comes on, as you move the threshold further left it affects more of the input until it's affecting the whole signal at the full CCW position

at least that's how mine behaves
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1