MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Outboard Modules - Best Solution?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Outboard Modules - Best Solution?
naturligfunktion
Hello fellow wigglers

I recently got myself a new case and I am a bit lost choosing an outboard module / audio interface module.

What I need:
Several outputs (I like to multi track)
Solid sound (because sound is important)
Quite small and very simple

I currently use the Vermona TAI-4 and it’s alright I suppose. It’s a bit annoying that it is so huge, and that it has two XLR inputs (why they choose XLR for inputs is a mystery for me). The Vermona would be perfect if it instead had four outputs XLR, I think. Is there a module like that?

This brings us to the second question, which perhaps should be in another thread, but how do you guys record your modular? Especially if you have several different voices going on? Does everybody use an outboard module or do you route the signal directly from a VCA to your audio interface? I’ve done this before but it feels wrong for some reason. The thing is that I’m instead thinking to get DI boxes instead, which would give plenty of more room in my rack. Is that a bad idea?

Anyways, thanks for the help and happy Friday to all of you!
solaris
naturligfunktion wrote:

This brings us to the second question, which perhaps should be in another thread, but how do you guys record your modular? Especially if you have several different voices going on? Does everybody use an outboard module or do you route the signal directly from a VCA to your audio interface? I’ve done this before but it feels wrong for some reason. The thing is that I’m instead thinking to get DI boxes instead, which would give plenty of more room in my rack. Is that a bad idea?

there's nothing wrong going directly from a module into your soundcard or external mixing board.

I prefer to record everything on separate tracks, I take the outputs from various modules and go to a mixer (studer 961), whose direct outs go into an audio interface and record all that with reaper.

you don't *need* neither dedicated output modules, neither any D.I.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1