MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ever wanted a module but it's been discontinued?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Ever wanted a module but it's been discontinued?
raccoonboy
If so. Please reply to this post on modulargrid.net saying you'd like the feature and hopefully it gets made. Wud be good for piece of mind.

Thanks

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/3725
Blicken Synths
Clouds. Probably hold out for the new version though. Might be waiting a while
luketeaford
This feature already exists.
raccoonboy
luketeaford wrote:

Does it? How did I miss that. Well. There are a few modules I've just checked that are being discontinued but not listed on the site... remember whr the option is?
insoul8
raccoonboy wrote:
luketeaford wrote:

Does it? How did I miss that. Well. There are a few modules I've just checked that are being discontinued but not listed on the site... remember whr the option is?

It definitely exists but someone still needs to update it when an item becomes discontinued.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/make-noise-moddemix
Zymos
Just buy a used one....
insoul8
i wouldn't mind an optomix v1 vs the newer one I have.
deftinwulf
I think it's a great idea! I've given my support (as well as a related add-on idea, hope you don't mind oops). Hopefully others will chime in as well.

Edit: oops, apparently I'm late to the party. So modular grid already sends you emails when a module in your rack is being discontinued? Did I read that right?
luketeaford
It's under Product Lifecycle when you edit the module. If the module is locked because it's been approved by the manufacturer, they would need to be the ones to make the change.
raccoonboy
Zymos wrote:
Just buy a used one....

You being serious? And what happens if the used one is twice the price of the new one because it's rare?
raccoonboy
luketeaford wrote:
It's under Product Lifecycle when you edit the module. If the module is locked because it's been approved by the manufacturer, they would need to be the ones to make the change.

Yes. This is to show a module is discontinued but this won't notify me will it?
Zymos
raccoonboy wrote:
Zymos wrote:
Just buy a used one....

You being serious? And what happens if the used one is twice the price of the new one because it's rare?

Yes, I'm serious that not everyone is a price gouging asshole.
raccoonboy
Zymos wrote:
raccoonboy wrote:
Zymos wrote:
Just buy a used one....

Yes, I'm serious that not everyone is a price gouging asshole.

Some modules don't sell though. There's some I've had on my watch list for years with no results. Can't remember which right now. I'd rather just get them before they are discontinued. I often by second hand anyway if I can. But when they are being discontinued sometimes they are cheaper anyway.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1