MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MIDI out thru ES-3's outputs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author MIDI out thru ES-3's outputs?
DJMaytag
Is it possible to send MIDI out (note data) and/or MIDI clock to the ES-3, assuming you don't have an ES-5? If you can send gates to a device capable of generating CV, but not the other way around, shouldn't it be possible to output MIDI data to an output of an ES-3.

I'm only seeing the ability to do so via the ES-4/5 Controllers, used as instruments in the case of MIDI note data.
os
Correct, the plug-ins only support sending MIDI out of the ES-4(0) or ES-5 or expanders.
DJMaytag
I know I’ve asked for a few things in the past that indeed are more of an issue with the host, but would it be out of the question to want a plugin that could be routed to the outs of an ES-3 or ES-8 in a pinch, until one could procure an ES-5 (this could be a real problem, as it looks like your hardware is tough to find in US shops right now).
DJMaytag
Quote:
The Expert Sleepers USAMO (Universal Sample-Accurate MIDI Output) generates a sample-accurate, jitter-free MIDI output from an audio input.
The audio signal is generated by the USAMO software, a plug-in which runs as a virtual instrument (AU/VST/AAX, Mac & Windows) in your DAW. The DAW sends MIDI to the plug-in; the plug-in translates that to audio and sends it to the USAMO hardware, via an output on your computer's audio interface. The USAMO then reconstructs the MIDI and outputs it on a standard 5 pin DIN MIDI socket

Wait, so what would prevent using the plugin that’s available for USAMO with the audio stream out to an ES-3/ES-8? Is that something we’d have to buy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1